i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

It’s almost like Datto reads this thread

the remake of shores of time is bizarre and disorienting
at least we can all agree that this is much better than vanilla destiny though right…???

1 Like

vanilla destiny had fusion rifle meta though

voop nation was real

i still remember sonford discovering pocket infinity and literally getting like 15 streaks every game all night and then it was literally nerfed the next day

re: pvp meta the shift from complaining about mida and how easy it is to get to complaining about legend of acrius and how much of a pain that is to get incoming

good point but it didn’t have this

But then sonford also does this (I made this just for him):

3 Likes

top 10 anime betrayals

1 Like

nice

1 Like

IMO bring back random perk rolls but add a mechanic where you can scrap two (same-named) guns to get one that’s a combination of the two, so you can slowly build your personal ideal ‘roll’ for any given gun over the course of a couple months or so.

So say I get a Better Devils with Counterbalance, and another Better Devils with say, Rangefinder. I could ‘infuse’ them both into a third BD and maybe now that one has both on it.

Or maybe I get lucky and land a god roll and don’t need to do any of that. RNG chasing is back for those who want it, but you still have a firm foundation of certainty available for the people who don’t actually like playing the game. Plus it gives you a reason to WANT to see another copy of the same gun again instead of rolling your eyes and immediately feeding it into a chipper-shredder for Consolation Dust

2 Likes

The intro and outro really sell this. Ashamed to have missed out on this moment of future history.

1 Like

Man, yall really love that MMO grind that goes on for months, don’t you? I am more than happy to not play a game that asks for months of investment to get a good thing.

WTF? So the only way to “actually like playing the game” is to sign up for months of RNG grinding or the hopes of a god drop? Fuck that. I actually really like playing the game, which is why i don’t want good weapons locked behind either RNG or months of grinding shit out. I just want to play the game.

Edit: Sorry for the venom, but I hate when people tell me I am not “actually enjoying” a thing, specifically if it is a thing I actually enjoy, and specifically if what the so-called key to actual enjoyment is…stupid grindy bullshit. Like sorry I spent like 240 hours on D1, but I really feel like that should have been enough to get the best weapons. That is a silly amount of time to spend on a toy.

At this point, the RNG love makes me think actually the people who like that don’t actually enjoy playing the game, just getting the loot; I actually enjoy playing the game without the loot. I like the feel of Bungie FPS way more than “play this game to slog through our spreadsheet” MMO design, so I am all for them jetisonning more of that stuff. I play the game for the FPS, the loot thing is like a side game that I deal with because they seem to want it there, which is why it annoys me when it blocks off specific things in the game.

of course you don’t like destiny mate, figuring out how to complete the raid at launch and mastering it over the next couple of weeks or working on that flawless trials ticket is no fun and they should bring back shooting into that cave on earth

i think i’m going to make a montage video of dog glitches

4 Likes

become a true influencer and win movie of the week

I’m just saying, if the thing you like most about a game is how little of it you have to play, maybe you don’t like the game.

Did you just not read my post? What part of 240 hours (in D1) and like 140 already in D2 says I didn’t like playing the game? I love playing the game. I wouldn’t argue about this shit if I didn’t like playing the game; I just wish it didn’t involve RNG grinding to get what I want from it, and it really doesn’t have to. The thing I like most about playing the game is actually playing the game, not rolling the dice on gashapon shit after playing the game.

No I feel you. Prostrating yourself at the altar of RNGesus is not gameplay.

But that’s actually my problem with D2. It’s all slot machines and roller coasters. Once you finish the main story, unless you have a big hard dick for very slowly watching numbers go up a tiny bit, there’s NOTHING TO DO.

Standing in the welfare line for my weekly allotment of upgrades is also not gameplay.

yeah, i mean. you keep making this binary argument that seems to be about taking a principled stand against RNG for RNG’s sake because you’re still shadowboxing some guy in some article and not really what anyone’s saying here.

like. i get it. mmos are exploitative. i’m old and cynical too. congrats on our very refined sensibilities.

but the conversation is about how to make a game that is already ostensibly an RPG work for multiple levels of engagement and for longer than ~2 weeks after release

3 Likes

I mean, the numbers went up a lot easier and more reliably than the first game, so I didn’t really have a problem with that in D2. The weapon quests alone gave a big jump like right away. It wasnt until really like 270 that it slowed down, and then you just had to get to 280, which took like two hours, which was still a significant improvement over various times in the first game.