i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

I’m down though I can’t speak

at capacity

omg I love this

yeah that was cool, a nice touch

Hit the level 11 grind wall, rip

It was a really nice touch. Saved some time too :smiley:

Gonna go take a nap before I have to wake up for work, ending tonight at 106 power, level 9. Like I said, there is a grind wall before you can go to the planet Io so save adventures and lost sectors for when you hit that if you don’t want to venture into Crucible to grind experience. I wandered randomly into a Lost Sector and got decent a pretty big haul and the item that initiates getting Striker Titan back.

Yeah! What a lovely touch. I decided to run a Hunter for some reason. Only a few hours in now but enjoying it a bunch. Here is a cute crucible clip that I’m proud of. So far the 4 v 4 seems like a meaningful and good change.

I played till level 5 or 6 before running out of steam. it felt really weird being given my first exotic on titan??

kinda glad i can’t binge this tbh, because even after a couple hours it was beginning to feel like destiny again, which for me seems to be a game best enjoyed in small bursts lest i quickly get sick of the whole thing.

they sure do have a story this time though! they get credit for having one, but hoo boy did i groan audibly a couple of times at some of the writing/delivery, haha.

1 Like

I like Failsafe a lot more in context than I did in the beta.

That sentimental intro got me to stick with my warlock’s stupid face, which I hate, but now feel very attached to despite having seen it maybe three times.

Also the guardian is canonically an ally bc one of the early adventures has you literally signal boosting a woc.

I was shocked to find myself laughing out loud at certain points due to the delivery. Can’t believe they pulled off sarcastic self-aware AI in 2017.

tbh Failsafe is the girl I wish would notice me

1 Like

this bodes well, hopefully i will like failsafe better when i get to it.

the campaign was a big improvement with a couple of really cool setpieces towards the end, the endgame progression seems based around completing all of the ‘adventures’ instead of grinding strikes

pretty happy

1 Like

This really does feel like the first Destiny where pretty much any play style seems viable to achieve endgame in a reasonable length without needing to rely on the generosity of an April Update-type thing.

yeah i just did the mission on titan where you had to steal the cpu, that was pretty fun both in set-pieces and aesthetics

i don’t know what it is but shotguns feel super great

still really unsure of how to aim grenade launchers

I’m so impressed with what they’ve managed to achieve with the characterisation within the story. It’s such a stark contrast with anything D1 offered, in a very positive way. I also finished up the campaign and really enjoyed my time with it. Some directions they’ve taken with the exposition, i.e. cutaways to The Speaker and Ghaul feel kind of “modern TV” in a disappointing way (maybe just due to how easy it is to do). I’m definitely not sad to see Grimoire go, but there’s a sense that the game went full blockbuster AAA in-your-face plot-driven mode, as opposed to subtle soulful storytelling and world-building. With that in mind, I really admire the writing attached to the “Investigate” objects scattered throughout the world, and would recommend you seek them out. They’re signaled by the ghost symbol appearing in the top right of the screen, although the ghost picks them up through the floor so on tiered levels they’re difficult to find (which seems like a glitch/oversight).
Excited to put some time into the post-game.

1 Like

Hit level 16/178 light last night and got past the level 15 grind wall, how close am I to the end of the campaign?

Do planetary materials have any point in this game? I know you can turn them in for reputation, but it seems to be for a lesser amount than rep tokens which you can just farm up infinitely anyway so I think I’m missing something here…

I got so used to having full sets of faction gear for the last 9 months that I forgot how much your guardian looks like a potato when you’re working your way up and don’t have any shaders to help out.

My guess is that in flattening the radar so it doesn’t distinguish what’s above/below you, they accidentally messed that up too.

holding your ghost out does kind of highlight scannable stuff, that helped me with a few of those

really digging this so far, v excite to get into the level 20 post-campaign Real Game, looks meaty as hell from here