bulletin witch

to be fair, most of the games people are going to play on services like this more or less play themselves anyway.

That is true. And thinking about it the end goal for Google is to get a foothold in the global market, which increasingly already has way better network infrastructure than the U.S., and ultimately get a head start on the Chinese. Tencent is testing their own cloud gaming service now but there’s no way they’ll beat Google to market.

I think the announced games are actually pretty representative of many areas of gaming.

low key hugely excited for this

it would be nice if they retranslated grandia for this

i’m also not sure what comes out the other end when that particular 32 bit era sprites-on-wobbly-lowfi-polys look is ‘remastered’

hopefully they remastered the fucking walking sound

1 Like

I’ve been seeing a lot of psx wobblies extra stabilized and straightened by Mednafen/Beetle’s PGXP features, most of the time I think it’s an ideal improvement though with some game types and environments the looser surfaces, geometry have a fluid plus.

As long as the sprite and surface textures aren’t given some blobby filter, I’m fine with mid-high upscaling. Grandia 1 is in my toppest jrpgs so yeah I’ve been a tad anxious they don’t make the whole damn thing look laminated. Grandia 2 was cool and all but a lot more schlocky imo, the DC blocky/early PS2 look isn’t nearly as charming and has been remastered already anyways.

1 Like

Please let me burn up my bandwidth playing Farming Simulator 19, with my Stadia-compatible driving wheel.

1 Like

I did the Stadia (then Project Stream) beta using my Chromebook Plus, an 8Bitdo controller, and my abysmal WiFi. As someone who had played a shitload of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey up to that point, it…worked? Really well? Occasionally it looked way better than my PS4 Pro version, when it didn’t dip in quality with my connection.

It seems neat, but at the same time people are figuring that a good week’s worth of gaming, even at 1080p, is going to burn up a terabyte of data. Given how many ISPs either cap data (or throttle it at a certain point,) I can’t see this being remotely practical, no matter it’s supposed/eventual ease of use.

Who knows! Hopefully that Tequila Works game eventually winds up elsewhere, that looked kinda neat.

2 Likes

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-07-playdate-lethal-playgrounds-and-goat-boobs-the-eccentricity-of-keita-takahashi

6 Likes

Since some people in this thread seems to have missed the news:
On September 19 Destiny is going completely free to play to go along with it’s next expansion as well as adding cross-save functionality between all platforms including PS4

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-06-core-destiny-2-to-go-free-to-play-leak-reveals

In case anyone wasn’t quite interested enough in these to make Japanese Switch accounts then at least know that June 27 is when you’ll be able to officially buy M2’s Virtua Racing and Wonder Boy: Monster Land

6 Likes

whatever happened to this, wow

oh, he makes cool looking Star Wars animations now? ok.

Oh, here we go, seems he is art director on this:

2 Likes

This is kinda a weird thing to post? Like this website is almost certainly mocking a current controversy where a YouTuber was actively mocking gay people…and the same week actual literal Nazi Varg Vierkness got banned from the platform.

It’s extremely suspect timing from this website , to say the least.

And a few posts down they had this:

Which speaks to the character of the site.

I’m just kinda confused why you put this in the news thread?

I was amused by it stand alone, if you or enough people find it tangentially off putting I can delete the post or you can flag it.

If it comes off in bad form or something please tell me, I wasn’t aware of that correlation and the satire echoed general absurdity to me. If that’s considered out of bounds and reflective of the wrong values in the atmosphere I can respect requests to remove it.

1 Like

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw looks quite cool.

that babylon bee joke article actually directly mentions Steven Crowder, no assumptions required

YouTube staff says despite doing everything they can to accommodate the possum’s every desire, he continues to lash out when not playing dead. “A real bundle of nerves, this one,” a technician said while holding a video of Steven Crowder in the possum’s face, driving it to stiffen up and pass out again.

the biting satire here is that youtube is too cowardly to allow Nazis

(which… jesus christ)

4 Likes

with only seeing the thumbnail, and nothing about the website, I certainly just assumed it was reductress-style ironically invoking the histrionic metaphors of the conservatives

Oh yeah I didn’t assume malice in it’s posting. More confusion.

Babylon Bee originally presented itself as a Christian alternative to the onion, they seemed to be a little more politically ‘neutral’ for a while but I’m not at all surprised a ‘Christian’ website tilted far right. It’s what they do, really.

2 Likes