bulletin witch

I’m excited to have Halo multiplayer on PC

Yeah, I feel like I’m seeing more and more tweaked CRT shaders that look real nice but I’m all “That shit never looked like this on my TVs”. Conversely NTSC filters and shaders always seemed a bit off to me for NES games and I suspect that most of my NES’ing was done on a Commodore 64 monitor rather than a TV has something to do with it.

1 Like

Well, it’s been ten years since I beat this thing, I’m willing to do it again.

2 Likes

Sometimes these remasters come out and I wonder, what evidence of demand was there for this? Who greenlit the expense of doing this?

1 Like

I guess a ten year anniversary of a thing is as much a reason as any.

Though as far as I can tell, this is being ported by Sabre Interactive and published by Mad Dog Games, both recently of World War Z fame and, uh, Shaq Fu infamy.

With Terminal Reality long defunct and Atari selling speaker hats, I’m wondering how they got a hold of this thing.

but will it have the Doritos ads

Could really go for a PEPSI about now.

Still heartbroken that the Prototype remaster didn’t carry forward the weird, alternate universe Times Square where every other retail store was a Hollywood Video.

Or Burnout Paradise and all the Gillette/Vizio ads all over the city.

2 Likes

YESSSSSSSSS

The demand was me. All me.

5 Likes

:3

4 Likes

“Ageing”

2 Likes

Good ol’ Kotaku proofreading

it’s more about the editorializing. like, ok, i get it, copyright stuff is dumb, but

2 Likes

yeah the way game publications other anyone whos not deeply involved in videogames gets old

3 Likes

every once in a while my wife stumbles on a kotaku article about some dumb thing gamers are mad at and she asks me if it’s real

6 Likes

Ageing is British English

2 Likes

apparently this is baldur’s gate 3

1 Like

…huh.