bulletin witch

My favorite tech company shit story is that the last company I went to insisted that I had to go to conference, which I finally agreed to, and then a few months afterward, they fired me, but part of my contract said that if I got fired within like a year of going to a conference that they paid for, I had to pay them back. So my last paycheck was minus 2500 bucks to pay them back hahaha FUCK.

I love working for the public sector because it is taken as gospel that you should never ever care more than your salaried hours permit. everyone is crusty and labour-first and competent and cynical and friendly and if you tell them you’re vegan they’ll shun you until you quit because who can be bothered and it can be difficult to get a position that’s actually interesting and proactive but if you do, it’s the absolute best

2 Likes

That is FUCKED.

3 Likes

Veganism aside, this tracks very closely with my public sector experiences.

tell that to teachers (in the US, not sure about canada)

1 Like

yeah here the teachers’ unions go hard as hell so the teachers don’t have to within the scope of their regular jobs

Teachers are a different breed of public sector work.

A lot of them are expected, though not contractually obliged, to work beyond their hours in Canada - usually their first form of protest, prior to a strike, is a “work to rule” where they ONLY do their contractual job without any extracurricular activities.

1 Like

it’s amazing how quickly a teacher “just” doing the job they’re supposed to be doing will shut down the whole system

5 Likes

This book rules, I strongly endorse.

Kill. All. The. Bosses.

Also oh hey this is coming out tomorrow?

1 Like

Someone got a new WR for Duck Tales

https://clips.twitch.tv/DarlingGorgeousPigTheTarFu

4 Likes

Biohazard (at least) piling on to the switch this month. Devil May Cry coming this summer.

1 Like

wow he hulked out

which is its biggest problem, it does both things poorly.

sad state of affairs in general for strategy games, with total war having monopoly over mass battle games and paradox with grand strategy games.

I’m sorry I’m not sure I follow

2 Likes
4 Likes

they really nailed the “absentmindedly powerwashing a house” animation for the stance when gunlord is shooting upward during that lava boss fight

13 Likes
4 Likes

Damnit. ECHO was extremely unique and chilling, pretty sad they won’t get a chance to follow it up in some form. Definitely following where/how the team moves on.

2 Likes