brain garbage/mental recycling

That was a key component of the Police Academy cartoon.

6 Likes

This awakened an ancient memory

I probably only know about this from Kenner cross promotional stuff, because they made the ghost busters toys I was obsessed with

5 Likes

Feel like I put these on in a K-B Toys once. I can recall in my mind the specific feel of the ratcheting thumbs.

Although my most vivid K-B Toys memory is being in a packed store, staring into the glass videogame display case at the box for Shut Up and Jam. Then, while attempting to leave, doing one of those repeated almost-bumping-into-someone scenarios while attempting to pass one of the teenaged employees, during which he quipped, “whoop, let’s dance”. I thought that was very quick and smart, and I remember wanting to use the same line the next time I found myself in a similar situation.

8 Likes

Mia Goth is the Wario of Anya Taylor Joy

7 Likes

imagining someone who thinks that eating food plain means putting water on it instead of sauce. you want ketchup on your fries? no? just water then? ok.

6 Likes

If I want dry fries, I ask for “dry” not “plain”

8 Likes

something I think about:
why are all crystals assumed to be good? Like where are the negative energy evil ones?

Today I find:

pretty sure “bitch crystals” is going to be my intrusive thought of the week

13 Likes

just salt ‘n’ dry, thankie

2 Likes

oh, me? I love all the types of art: corporate, educational, AI-generated, and fan

12 Likes

if a tutorial is too dictatorial it’s a Dick Tutorial

4 Likes

E Girl Scouts

3 Likes

3 Likes

when you think about it, aren’t we all clowns who fight billionaires?

4 Likes

wifelover

6 Likes

mystical ninja goemon to the polls

9 Likes

a sweater with extraordinarily long sleeves

4 Likes

Ohhhh, so that’s why my toybox always had a bunch of random bones mixed into the bottom layer.

7 Likes

whoa, i don’t think i had any of these, but something about that t-rex was really familiar. after some searching i think it might be reminding me of the burger king toys that were apparently related to this.

but i had no idea they were part of some actual real toy franchise

my first thought was that they had repurposed some of those into ghostbusters toys? i’m still not entirely convinced this isn’t the case but i can’t find any evidence of it.

thinking about this shit is weird, i’m uncomfortable with how much toy knowledge i had as a child that i just like never think about anymore. all those memories are still just like buried back there somewhere though lol

3 Likes

“Dinosour” would be a good name for candy

7 Likes

pretty sure a not insignificant percentage of my brain power is devoted to just repeating the word “dinosaur” in mr dna’s voice on a loop 24/7

5 Likes