Book of Megadrive Halloween Special: Nightmare Circus

We played this game as a goof and it turned out to be way more interesting and deserving of an episode more than just a goof cast:

This thing is almost an Iceburgvania. Like every review I read of this game said it was unbeatable, it had no actual way of finishing levels, etc. It turned out to just be one of the weirdest games ever made.

@Closed made so many discoveries about this one.

Megadrivers on This episode: @automatictiger, @closed, @lonelyfrontier, and @shrug!

(Yeah yeah yeah, it’s not Pocahontas. Pocahontas is in the can, not sure when it’ll come out but it’s been recorded.)

(Jeeze people should really play this game. For real. For serious)

5 Likes

Oh here’s a more direct link to the ding dang episode:

more from nightmare circus’ composer (:hearts::hearts::hearts:)

6 Likes

This is a great episode, and the cold open is incredible.

1 Like

ooh man this rules

3 Likes

Great episode. Thank you @shrug for telling me about Karl May. That’s going in my bag of random trivia to pop out on people at work-related social events.

2 Likes

GET HYPE FOR MORE KARL MAY CONTENT ON THE NEXT (?) EPISODE OF THE BOOK OF MEGADRIVE!!!

I

I’m not even joking

I didn’t mean to go on a five minute long tangent about Karl May and his legacy in German culture this time. It just happened. You can tell there was no forethought because “uh” is every third word instead of every fourth.

3 Likes

It was good! Informative and entertaining. It’s always interesting to hear someone talk about something they’re knowledgeable in as long as the person isn’t a boring person (which you aren’t).

Shrug I put (I think misspelled as Carl) Shrug’s Lecture on Karl May Pt1 in the description to get people hyped.

It’ll probably be the next episode unless I get lazy and drop the live show first because that will Probably be impossible to edit and therefore easy to upload raw.

Really depends on the degree of con crud.

1 Like

for more Karl May and Hitler history / anecdotes

3 Likes