Blizzard DOTA

Lol, what is even happening

they gave an across the board nerf to all supports to try to stave off double support meta, and then removed lightning bond and malfā€™s level 1 W talent to curb their wave clear/jungling so that now when youā€™re stuck on support with a garbage team you canā€™t just go and do map maintenance while they dive towers mid into a garrosh for 10 minutes

I will never come back to this game but I am a bit sad I missed double support hell

yes, an across the board nerf to healing output will definitely stop double support

maybe they should try not designing heroes that function as secondary supports

Iā€™m not even mad about the nerf to jungle clearing, I just like to jump in with my tank and do some dumb double shield nonsense

BUT NO MORE

yeah making ana and alex and then going wait actually we donā€™t like double support was a special kind of dumb. this might actually stop double support out of a pure psychological reaction if nothing else, but that wouldnā€™t exactly mean it was a good design decision.

if they want this kind of bandaid they shouldā€™ve still kept lightning bond but made it so you couldnā€™t use it on your earthbind totem.

god dammit

did you play for that brief window where they mega buffed tyrandeā€™s W build for some reason? that shit was real fuckin dumb

double healer didnā€™t really mean shit to me though cause I spend 90% of my time in QM because this game is dumb and somehow my QM MMR ended up, like, top 2% level and my draft modes areā€¦not quite. so even with the clowny-ness of QM the games are better because around 50% of the time Iā€™m playing with/against players who are actually good. like today I played an unranked with my friend, who is bad but not completely awful, and we ended up on a team with some legit bronze 5 players, like sub 1000 MMR. an hour later I play QM and Iā€™m against a team with a 3 stack of GM players playing meta heroes in a game that we almost won, and probably should have won. I donā€™t think there should exist extenuating circumstances that lead to that kind of matchmaking disparity.

what, you didnā€™t like getting chunked from across the map by a ghost bird

@FrequentPilgrim seems to think that the current meta sucks because itā€™s won in draft more than ever before coupled with there being too many heroes that are oppressive without hard counters. He also hates the mobility creep circa Tracer and continued with the move-while-shooting Overwatch heroes. He ALSO hates Junkratā€™s ult that just follows you and kills you and apparently thereā€™s nothing you can do about it except, uhā€¦ have protected or invuln?

I only played against Alexstraza (sic?) once but she kept hitting me from ridiculously far away! No fair!

I still shit on people with Jaina, though. Love that quest-based ice block.

yeah I havenā€™t played ranked once in this game and thatā€™s probably why itā€™s the moba Iā€™ve played the longest

1 Like

this is dumb because every other OW ult that got ported wholesale into HotS also had their downsides come over as well, but you canā€™t kill the Riptire in HotS whereas in OW, everyone looks for that shit the instant they hear Junkrat yell out and it more often than not gets shut down

I know how to fix this: next is hero is Blackthorne

1 Like

i would offer my own opinions but i donā€™t really play this game too much as of now. i mostly just speedrun lately!

but in the short time i played, i was having at least a modicum of fun. mainly i just enjoyed continuing to shit on people with jaina. using them as a real toilet.

I would call the Jania rework the last great thing but then I remember I never get to play assassins in ranked because someone has to try to keep these assholes from killing themselves

1 Like

oh i really didnā€™t like the junkrat thing where youā€™re taking a camp on your side of the map and suddenly you get launched over the wall into the middle of their teamā€¦? this happened on BoE and i was wondering how it would ever be safe to take a camp there if the enemy has junkrat and decides to invadeā€¦ ;-;

Let me tell you about how Junkrat got buffed in OW to be able to store two conc mines

you can kill the riptire in hots too

how realistic of a thing is that to do in HotS with pre-defined ranges versus OW where anyone hitscan can burn it down fairly quickly

RIP

huh

i donā€™t care about this game much anymore but i hope this hero is cool nonetheless

was it clarified at all whether skillshot cc ā€œcountsā€ deathwing as a target or not? because I can very easily imagine deathwing eating up muradin hammers or w/e and that makes things kind of shitty for every hero designed pre-2018

itā€™s going to take a lot of work to not blow cc cooldowns on this hero thatā€™s for sure

tychus and maybe valla are going to have a lot of fun

gonna play a lot of ktz when deathwing comes out for sure