biannual fastwalking event

sgdq schedule announced

may 28-june 4

some personally notable accepted entries: f-zero x, saga frontier, superhot vr, pocky & rocky reshrined

12 Likes

DANGUN. FEVERON!

3 Likes

SNOLF SNOLF SNOLF

NEOPETS

11 Likes

lol, Thad be a good group watch

HOLY SHIT NOW THAT I’M AN EXPERT IN THIS GAME I CANT WAIT TO WATCH

cania what if their strats are so compelling that you play AGAIN

2 Likes

miracles have happened

Okay someone speedrunning superhot vr sounds fun to watch

5 Likes

yo this run is gonna kick ass:

(timestamped)

1 Like

this starts tomorrow! there are also two more irl speedrun marathons of note this summer, esa and rpg limit break, so i’ll revive this thread again for those when they happen in late july.

2 Likes

what, wasn’t sgdq allocated at an end of june/beginning of July slot? that caught me off guard! :officersonic:

1 Like

oh yeah it’s live btw, f-zero x is soon

2 Likes

Interested to see the Hitman 3 Freelancer run. The streamer seems chill, which is a huge improvement over the youtuber I’ve depended on to do Elusive targets who’s such a whiner.

Looks like there’s a THUG speedrun, which always look like magic, and it’s still trapped in the 4AM purgatory slot

HHAHAHHA RING FIT RULED.

the awkward magic is completely gone tho

like, they’ve been whittling at it away forever but the cards everyone has to read from always are a lot. its to the point where someone almost accidentally asked someone a question before the person they were supposed to ask and were like WHOA WHOA GOTTA KEEP WITH THE SCRIPT lol. i keep making WWE jokes while watching

3 Likes

FINALLY got around to check the schedule for this year — and wow, they already fired off their best rocket by having Sonic Frontiers on day 1?

That’s playing it by the book how you torpedo your marathon event :tarothink:

srsly though, that’s my highlight right there.
That aside, love it that they seem to have given shorter runs more slots this year (or maybe didn’t get much bids for 7+h runs this time), however … HOWEVER … no Sonic block? :tronyell:
j/k j/k, will probably be watching more recaps than usual, e.g. F-Zero X, Pocky&Rocky or Suzuki Bakuhatsu (srslyyyyyy, what is this game/title? :servbotsalute: ).

Also, going to pick a bone with those blindfolded runs for a sec:
Yeah i get it, it’s nice to showcase muscle memory and coping strats, but there is a point where the novelty wears off, and more than one and a half hours is that point for me personally - again, hats off to the (poor) individual that feels like putting herself through this, but similar to the webbed run a few years ago, i’d rather enjoy watching a short game executed well than a marathon blindfolded run.
Grumpy old gamer rant off, i guess :tarothink:

2 Likes

most runs up on Ytube now, so caught up with a few:

Suzuki Bakuhatsu run is entertaining/wacky bomb diffusing actión,

Sonic Frontiers is fast, but only watched up until where I am in my run, i.e. world 3,

Anodyne 1 is glitching all around/very different to what I know

secret highlight up until now:
Dark Summit - a few times borderline cringey commentary, but the game/trash gameplay makes up for it!

other runs:

Metal Slug XX is OK
LOOM is missing bgm (the dub doesn’t make that up!)
Bloody Hell - never saw/heard of that before

1 Like

Enjoyed the trip down memory lane with the Ring fit run. It’s a shame there’s no time to do a full game run but I liked the trivia about the game a lot

Enjoyed seeing Signalis deconstructed as well.

GI Joe (Nes) run was good entertainment (aside from tech difficulties) and some great recovery on the fly when some jumps went wrong, and reminded me why i still love these events so much:

:servbotsalute:

1 Like

rpg limit break is starting!

schedule here. some personally notable runs:

dragon quest monsters 2
blue dragon
final fantasy 13
saga scarlet grace
unlimited saga
digital devil saga 2
valkyrie profile
xenosaga 1