[BD21] Nymphoides

It sounds like I am not the only one yet to get past the cakes. Nice work on this.

1 Like

Yeah i made some of the waves quite quickly and i think the cakes are the worst. I kept them because i enjoyed the rhythm of moving to avoid them but i think sometimes due to random generation they can be a bit unfair. Most of the time when they get me i feel like i could have avoided them but sometimes i’m not sure.

And it’s much easier to learn how to deal with a wave when you are testing it over and over, compared to reaching it in the middle of a game.

There’s other situations when the random generation produces unfair situations (for example, producing two monsters on top of each other)… but i don’t really want to have fixed starting positions as then the game just feels like a fixed set of hoops to me. I guess I need to limit the randomness in some ways to make sure it’s fairer.

2 Likes

I kinda got through the cakes very easily? I actually found Terrible Skull harder.

This is a real fun lil’ game.

appropriately, Stone Witch is the meanest. I actually found that a bit hard to parse visually, like the nature of the attack. Took me every available life to figure it out and I still don’t know if I could really cope.

2 Likes

Thanks for this feedback, I did wonder about how it easy it is to understand what is happening. I think maybe i need to stop the starfield moving at that point, and find a way to emphasize what happens. But even then i think it might be a bit frustrating, as it’s in opposition to the rest of the game.

1 Like

Btw, did anyone actually finish the game?

If not, where/why did you stop?

Got stuck on the final boss – survived for a long time (even while shooting) but had no idea what the mechanics were and no idea how to hurt it.

1 Like

I couldn’t get past the Death Swords.

1 Like

This is really good!

1 Like