Australian Bushfire Charity Jam!

Okay, everyone who participated!

I just need you to officially approve of the bundle before it can go forward. If you have any issues with it, such as the base price, description, or chosen charities, feel free to bring them up. I want to make sure everyone is happy with it!

https://itch.io/b/444/australian-bushfire-charity-jam-bundle

1 Like

Good by me! Awesome to see the contributed commercial games, too!

1 Like

THE BUNDLE IS LIVE!

14 jam games plus 5 commercial games for $3 or more!
100% of the proceeds going to bushfire relief charities!
DRM free, no account needed!

Please help spread the word!

7 Likes

ONE WEEK LEFT!

We’ve raised just over $700 so far! Let’s see if we can make one final push and make it to $1000!

If you haven’t told people about it yet, please do so now and help us get to that goal!

1 Like

I need to have a bit of a vent, itch.io have been fucking useless in regard to support. I know they are tiny compared to Steam or what have you, but I’ve had multiple requests open that have been flat out ignored.

First, I tried to ask if they could donate directly so I could bypass the tax I have to pay for being an AU citizen working with a US company. This was ignored which I thought was fair enough, I guess they couldn’t do that and the tax would just have to be some red tape that has to be taken out of the proceeds.

Then the bundle wasn’t showing up in the bundle pages, which I contacted them about and nothing was fixed, preventing potential sales which pissed me off. Especially since the mainstream media ignored the bundle, so I had to work my ass off doing promotion.

Now I’m trying to get the money. When I first tried to do it, I forgot to reduce itch’s cut (I’m making it 0% so as much money as possible goes to charties) so I asked them to cancel it so I could try again. Lo and behold, they actually responded and the payout got cancelled. I reduced their cut and tried again but they got the same cut which leads me to believe they have taken their cut BEFORE I requested the payout. I’ve now been waiting multiple days for a response about this.

They’re been a total pain in the ass.

:frowning:

An update for those who participated:

5 Likes

i will check these out once i’m done with work. thanks for bein so open about where the money is goin.