Are there any games that only you have played?

I’ve played it a little bit of it, kind of has a darker Earthbound vibe. Honestly my favorite part was the third screen of the game where you’re just riding your bike down a country road, crossing railroad tracks. Once the big alien attack happens the world gets less interesting but I’d still like to go back to it.

1 Like

i dont WANT to be the only person whos played cats who stare at ghosts but here we are

:cryingpig:

7 Likes

having flashbacks rn

i still have my GAMEFEST cd.

1 Like

seeing your avatar for the first time was one of those moments where you realize that you don’t actually have any meaningfully unique experiences

4 Likes

i played a really bad dumpster diving mobile game that someone cornered me into playing and i shit on it REALLY HARD (class tourism is a hot spot!) and it never came out. i did you all a favor

9 Likes

Fuck I haven’t thought about this game in years. My brothers and I would play the shit out of this against each other when we were in elementary school, probably from one of those 100-in-1 CD game collections.

My contribution is probably Rise To Ruins, maybe? A little God simulator combined with tower mechanics and inevitably being overrun by corruption. https://store.steampowered.com/app/328080/Rise_to_Ruins/

yeah i wouldn’t be who i am today without those 200 Games Volume 3 cdroms, bless you ethically questionable publishers grabbing stuff off bbses

i remember playing a 3d wireframe version of scorched earth off of those that was pretty cool, wish i could retrieve the name

1 Like

some of yall didn’t grow up downloading random demos off rpg maker forums and it really shows

6 Likes

now it’s me

also my dad released Klik n Play games on some AOL thing, and once found one of his very own games on one of those compilation CDs. pretty funny.

2 Likes

it was about driving an 18-wheeler and hitting as much wildlife as you could, a game he made while he was driving an 18-wheeler.

5 Likes

When I was little I played this weird game called Poy Poy. It was kind of like a really stripped down bare bones Power Stone. You basically ran around a flat arena throwing rocks / logs / missiles at the other opponents.

Also there was a character who was just named “kool”. This has stuck with me well into my adulthood.

Wikipedia 4 Poy Poy

6 Likes

the online variant of scorched earth that was on springer span which became classic gaming dot com which became yahoo games. ultima online on the private server “kaerdoth”

1 Like

a few months ago, i wrote about a weird ps2 psuedo sequel to poy poy

3 Likes

A few weeks ago I bullied* @lonelyfrontier into streaming Poy Poy and Poitter’s Point 2: Some Subtitle With SODOM In It and I think we all lost our shit over how cool the game looked

Like, I’m kinda glad I wasn’t playing it but I sure did enjoy watching it and I would like to someday bet real money on competitive Poy Poy.

(Spoiler: we’re going to play this at the next Meetup.)

*Look maybe it was all her idea, maybe she mentioned Poy Poy first, I dunno, I’m just gonna take credit cuz that’s the thing that I do

8 Likes

poy poy 1 is good

poy poy 2 is weird and barely playable

they all look cool though

oh i love the background art of your blog

OK how about this one

I somehow had a copy of this game as a kid. Floppy-to-floppy piracy networks are not to be underestimated

6 Likes

I played an olde Game Maker game called

Fidel Castro Saves Cuba from Murderous American Swine

the game started up with a Mac OS text-to-speech voice saying the title. I wish I could find any footage whatsoever but the game seems to have been lost to time, since the original YoYo Games sandbox page has been demolished

8 Likes

Not to be confused with Perestroika Girls, which of course we have all played.

2 Likes