Are there any games that only you have played?

Who’s to say really, but I voted No because I rely exclusively on this place to tell me what games to play

3 Likes

maybe a couple

4 Likes

i played bioshock infinite

11 Likes

Captain Crunch’s Crunchling Adventure

I love Sopwith. It came on a disc in an anniversary issue of PC Gamer not longer after I got my first non garbage picked computer. Same disc that introduced me to nethack.

As far as unique stuff, I can cheat and mention my half baked TI-82 RPG battle system.

As far as really weird non completely personal shit, there’s the Mars Attacks action figure floppies, and those Taco Bell promo Atari classic remakes

Sorry to report that you aren’t alone on that one, unfortunately.

Games I’ve played that I suspect I might be alone in playing:

• Gubble
  • Sesame Street A-B-C for the NES – I already considered myself too old for this as an 8-year-old, but I appreciated the consequence-free conveyance-construction of “Ernie’s Big Splash”

And obviously,

• all of my own terrible IF games, plus the terrible-in-an-entirely-different-way Cragne Manor
1 Like

It’s possible that I’ve played a handful of Commodore 64 games that no one else here has.

More confident that I’m the only one here who has played some Game Maker games that were available only briefly in the Game Maker Community forums. Possibly some ZZT games as well but there are some SB ZZT enthusiasts so I can’t be sure about that.

3 Likes

i played a lot of cheap not great megacd games as a lad so possibly

1 Like

Your post made me wonder if I should count Neverwinter Nights modules; I went through a long phase back around '05 or thereabouts in which I played a ton of those.

1 Like

A bunch of OHRRPGCE games including my favorite, Bloodlust.

And a bunch of XBLIG games, the best two being Easy Golf and Avatar Golf

2 Likes

There was a kid in elementary school who swore the Sesame Street NES games were worth a rental to check out the voice samples and weird mini game aspects.

If we’re getting into NWN modules and ZZT games, I went really hard into weird Quake 1 mods (the watch grass grow one I still need to dig up on an old CD-R), and even had my own cobbled together from a couple tutorials, with the main unique feature being the ax attack happening in a small cone that could hit multiple adjacent targets, rather than just a single short range ray.

1 Like

Sesame Street A-B-C was being played at a house viewing I went to as a child and is a big factor in me liking the house my family eventually moved into. You may be correct though because I never actually played the game.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’ve played, enjoyed and finished Inindo!

Personnally I’ve 0 doubt I’ve played at least one free indie PC game that no one else has touched here

2 Likes

my brother and I tried to make the simplest game possible so we made pong where each paddle only has 3 positions activated by 3 buttons on either side of the keyboard.
It was fun and hilariously difficult.

I came home one day and he had recreated space war. I gotta say, everyone should try to clone space war, its always fun and very simple.

1 Like

FX Fighter came on a PC gaming demo CD that my dad had

3 Likes

now that i’ve thought about it: a proper answer!

i think there’s probably some pc doujin games no-one else here has played. probably a ton of doujin stuff on x68000 too, while finding the ones worth writing about.

did anyone else ever play hometown story on 3ds? it was like recettear, if recettear was really boring. i think i still played it for like 15 hours or something though lol

i don’t know how often people go and try obscure games if i give them a good review on my blog. it’d be cool if that happened

2 Likes

Sorry, I had this game and played it a lot as a kid!

But speaking of childrens’ games, here are some that maybe nobody else had?

• Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends for the SNES. I loved the minigame where you lay tracks for the trains and rotate them around.

• Jumpstart 1st Grade through 5th Grade. I played every one of these. They were surprisingly good educational point-and-click adventure games. Each one had a completely different aesthetic. The third grade one was a science-fictiony thing where you help out a friendly robot in a mad scientist’s lab. The 4th grade one was nuts, it took place in a Tim Burton styled world where you had to rescue a class full of mutant children from their witch teacher, and it went full children’s-horror. The 5th grade one was a weird film-noir thing where you played as a skateboarding detective girl and did too many crossword puzzles. I believe all of these were even fully voice acted too.

Here’s what Jumpstart 4th Grade looked like:
4thgrade0

4thgrade1

4thgrade2

4thgrade3

5 Likes

Cats here are up on XEvil, right?

1 Like

I def. got the CD pictured at top in the mail, it was cardboard with a little plastic flap that clipped it shut, I think you maybe had to send away for it but it was free? and installed it, I kind of both remember Net Fighter itself working and not working or maybe some kind of extremely time limted demo that you had to pay up for right away, and none of the footage rings a bell except the character that is two little guys stacked on top of each other.

Also it was released in 98? Like, a year before the Dreamcast? Time is truly odd.

7 Likes