Arcade rhythm games are actually tests for mecha control systems

went to the arcade to play iidx today for the first time in six months, it was dead as hell and i didn’t interact with anybody. super chill. i wiped down the machine before use with disinfectant wipes and felt pretty safe.

here’s what my arcade looks like:

i play at the iidx machine in the foreground in the pic with both of them — the machine on the far wall has a bass platform but the one i play on does not, which is good for me because i am tall and playing with the bass platform is super uncomfortable.

i only played ten rounds. i’m still finding my sea legs again as far as reading speed, and my stamina is very lacking, but i was able to pass 7th dan and 8th dan again. i was 10th dan before i quit playing six months ago.

the 8dan course looks like this, if you’re curious:

yeah idk what to say, iidx just feels so fucking good to play. i was really having the time of my life. i’ve always been one to tap along on my leg or whatever to music and iidx is just that, pushed to its extreme and turned into a game. i had a really fun time today.

AAA’d a 9 (new masayoshi iimori track) and got a AA hard clear on this chart. really fun chart!! i’m thinking i might start going every thursday evening. i walked home in a drizzling rain (this arcade is walking distance from my house, i am very lucky) and there was a brilliant red sunset past the rain clouds and it was all just a wonderful way to spend my evening.

7 Likes