"an aggressive waste of time" (ffxv)

though I would probably rather see that character in the version of FFXV where the four main characters are all canonically gay and there’s no one around to objectify her for miles and one of the sidequests involves searching the entire world for a heterosexual to bring to the garage and you have to forge pieces of him from cactuars or some shit

I haven’t played final fantasy XV

6 Likes

Forging the last heterosexual out of cactaurs is Yoko Taro’s Final Fantasy

9 Likes

no it’s mine

3 Likes

I’m still mad they didn’t put Cindy in Tekken 7 instead of Noctis.

I have also not played the game

1 Like

I would also appreciate it because Noctis keeps kicking my ass

I love how Akuma is not only in there, he’s a key character in the story mode, and he straight up plays exactly like a street fighter character who even has a different meter from everyone else in tekken and even though you can just sidestep the hadoukens he doesn’t seem too strong or too weak

it’s like… if their engine can somehow accommodate that so seamlessly, throw in Terry Bogard or something next, why not

I know “2.5D” means something else in the context of fighting games but I think it helps that Tekken is like “2.8D” and has slightly less Z axis movement than other 3D fighting games because I can’t imagine throwing a 2D fighter moveset in like it’s no big deal would work otherwise

wishing this was the REmake2 thread

5 Likes

I mean in fairness they do have Geese Howard in there

Akuma being the single most important character in driving Tekken 7’s plot will never stop being hilarious

2 Likes

Okay, so, the first 2.5 hours of FFXV are, like, the coolest de-abstraction of RPG party travel I could’ve hoped to play. I have no idea what this game’s story is, but setting up camp, training, and hanging out in the wilderness is just… really cool.

7 Likes

Prompto just snapping candids and Ignus making food are even more fun than what I’d read had led me to believe.

The stats and numbers and grades are a bit overdone, though. Do I need to be graded on how I spent my time?

3 Likes

Might have posted this before (in this thread?) but it’s the best one since 8.

2 Likes

just thinking about all the nightmarish and then almost-good deconstructions of JRPG battle systems that square has been cycling through between type 0 and kingdom hearts and lightning returns and FFXV, it’s funny to me that they’ll have probably wound their way around to something that basically works and doesn’t feel like a broken version of a Japanese arcade game just in time for the FF7 remake after two full decades of prototyping

what a funny company

3 Likes

the biggest complaints i heard from friends re: Cindy are that her clothes make no sense for the job she does and she should probably be covered in burns and scars.

i also picked up Royal Edition of this for the Xbox so i could try it out in HDR, etc. plus, it’s on sale for $20. i’d been wanting to play through the game again at some point, and this felt like a good opportunity. it’s definitely the most fun i had with a FF game since the PS1 days.

1 Like

that presupposes a continuity of staff that is learning from mistakes

1 Like

Having worked at an oil change place right off a highway for a summer, yes, this is 100% correct. At the very least, her arms would be a scarred mess of burns and missing skin. I got so used to being burned over that summer that I would just scrape the dead skin off by hand.

1 Like

Maybe she wears temporary sleeves

Which exist but I have only ever seen people just take the cuts lol

2 Likes

you have to give them credit for trying so damn hard even after all the games that were just met with mediocre or lukewarm reception and nobody really remembers, e. g. the second musashi or code age commanders.

I mean if they’re all managing to try to implement this same ridiculous design document that doesn’t seem like a huge stretch