all things #shrugpunk

Millions. Welcome to urf.

Also Attn: @Father.Torque

Of course I donā€™t think any of these folks have any kind of formal training and certainly no tactics but still

It reminds me of that Totally Accurate Battle Simulator more than anything

Yeah, Battle of the Nations is a thing.

I mean it looks like a ton of fun and also mildly dangerous. Like all sport versions of combat itā€™s heavily circumscribed by rules for safety reasons (for example, huge one: no thrusting), so itā€™s not much like a real medieval battle, but itā€™s something. Itā€™s also imo pretty boring to watch (though probably hella great to participate in). Iā€™d rather watch HEMA duels.

oh, agreed. HEMA duels are definitely better

I mean, theyā€™re both sports versions of combat but I feel like this battle of the nations stuff is way more similar to boffer larps than it is to anything resembling medieval combat, even if the gear is much more realistic.

they should just do this shit on SEGWAYS and/or hoverboards to make it more like TABS imo

1 Like

There was a Thai movie titled Headshot a few years back that was pretty alright but that looks way better

I mean I donā€™t want to poo-poo it too much. If you want a mass of real people to wear armor and then fight each other, but without any significant risk of actually hurting anybody, BotN is probably about the best you can do. Insofar as part of the purpose of HEMA is to empirically recreate historical fighting conditions and see what happens so that we can better understand what people were doing in history, BotN has something to contribute in terms of seeing what an actual battle might have been like.

SLAM IT Iā€“

oh

Was that the one where after he gets shot the guy starts seeing everything upside down and backwards (and then it never ever ever gets brought up again for the rest of the movie)?

Also you changed your username and I was so flummoxed I almost got vertigo

Yeah

(Mainly the song title, which the song itself was obviously never going to live up to.)

1 Like

I donā€™t think its awkward when two hammers touch at all :confused:

This is also for @Father.Torque I guess

Properly fitted armor kit is quite mobile. The weight is about the same as a modern soldierā€™s load, but distributed much better over the body. There have been quite a few good videos about this lately:

1 Like

is fishburne playing Ghost Dog?!