all things #shrugpunk

Let’s take a gimmicky three-joke side character and make a whole movie out of him, what could go wrong.

I’m going to watch this piece of shit.

Keanu Reeves trained for four months so he could do most of his own stunts: eight hours a day, five days a week of gun training, driving training, martial arts training. And we have Reeves to thank for John Wick’s insane body count: in early drafts of the screenplay, about twelve people died, but Reeves’s response to each new draft was, “he could still kill more.”

New Johnnie To.

https://a.pomf.cat/jhqcrx.mp4

1 Like

Black Ops
Black Sites
extra_legal_assassinations.exe

1 Like

Hard Boiled 2???

the KICKBOXER trailer that kicked off this thread reminds how sad I am about Albert Pyun’s health and just the way everything went down with him

also it gets me very excited for the KICKBOXER he was not working on, the one you showed. but still sad, too.

Rumors have long persisted that Purple Rain was partially inspired by Samuel R. Delany’s fantastical masterpiece Dhalgren. Both stories’ protagonists are referred to only as “the Kid,” and there is indeed a resemblance between Delany’s crumbling Midwestern town Bellona and Prince’s Minneapolis. It could be just a rumor, but Prince was known for being an eclectic and voracious reader, and the resemblance is there.

1 Like

Prince would make a good Kid

especially in his smallness and his weird mood/character swings in regards to sex having situations

dang

1 Like

Are there films that adopt an afrofuturist aesthetic out there worth watching?

nothing more shrugpunk than a dry treatise on chinese metallurgy

2 Likes