all things #shrugpunk

1 Like

Rewatch Brendan Fraser Mummy imo

1 Like

Tom Cruise isn’t in that one.

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

That’s no way to treat the hardest working man in Hollywood.

2 Likes

The aging Cruiser coming back from the dead probably with his own mummy powers to run harder and cruise tougher against ancient blockbuster evil seems sort of perfect tbh

1 Like

Look. I love hardass middleage beautycruise. But the Mummy is just one of those things that benefits so much from 90s gloss and levity. The idea of it getting a gritty BWOOOMP-soundtrack reboot is just, like. Ugh.

1 Like

I genuinely wonder if dying then coming back was one of his ideas.

1 Like

Counterpoint: the only thing good about the Brendan Fraser Mummy was Rachel Weisz getting a paycheck.

1 Like

Nah. I love it for like the same kinda reasons I love Independence Day. It does dumb with panache.

1 Like

This is the sort of exchange that ends with me rewatching a movie just so I can say “nuh uh” with real conviction, isn’t it?

I have it on DVD. In a 2-pack with THE MUMMY TWO starring the worst CG The Rock Before He Was Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. I’ll mail it to you. (No I won’t, it’s precious.)

1 Like

and a cameo from the jungle imps in Diablo 2 Act 3

2 Likes
1 Like

Thank you… I have not seen this movie since it came out, and when I did I was extremely high and extremely addicted to Diablo 2, so I thought I made that part up

This Mummy debate has corrected my misconception that it was Billy Zane who played Imhotep

Best never talked about movie series imo

These Apes movies have kicked so much ass. I grew up with an Apes VHS boxset. Did you know! Your stupid franchise is not required to be yearly.

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/811096390096982016