AGDQ '20: AGDQ 10 US

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

well I know I need to go back and see the 1am monday morning myst block

1 Like

EDF5 DLC run can be good, or a disaster, curious about that!
Mushihime Futari, letā€™s see
Tron Evolution - curious about that!

2 Likes

SIGIL SIGIL SIGIL

1 Like

yeah the fallout marathon was my favorite by far and as someone with no interest in the series

paul revere, the founding father of speedrunning

pulling out that cardboard model to explain a thirty second saving trick for five minutes

so many pairs of pants

1 Like

fallouts 1, 2, and new vegas are really good and worth your attention!

1 Like

iā€™m sorry tulpa i lived in arizona too long to want to see brown and gray ever again

11 Likes

half coordinated is a really charming entertaining runner, he did nier automata last time (? maybe earlier) and it was slick

2 Likes

Challenge Punchout runs are a glorious tribute to human ingenuity.

3 Likes

Now everyone thinks when I go ā€œhonkā€ i am being a nerd and not a weirdo that has said it for 5+ years.

10 Likes

https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentDreamyLatteTheTarFu

I also really enjoyed the Fallout Anth run.

Myst marathon was also great, as was the N64 block. Also enjoyed the Sigil run.

9 hour RPG stream tonight, these are the worst parts of the marathon imo. guess iā€™ll find something else to watch tonight

not that any of us would waste our time on it but just in case

donā€™t watch the FF8 run, one of the runners is a misogynist and transphobe and he doesnā€™t deserve an audience

not particularly surprised, because it is a jrpg run, which is the very lowest form of speedrun

4 Likes

jrpg speedruns are often wonderful and interesting and that is a weird and unnecessary comment but that guy absolutely sucks and i also recommend not watching

5 Likes

That 30 minute dragon quest 1 speedrun a few years back was a delight but 99% of them are 3-10 hours long and feel even longer.

I mean, I am open to the possibility that I have been misjudging them all along but nothing puts me off watching gdq more than seeing a time estimate greater than 2 hours for 1 game

4 Likes

i find route optimization and rng manipulation soothing and interesting and theyā€™re nice to fall asleep to. itā€™s fine that you donā€™t like them! iā€™m just not sure why you needed to be so nasty about it, especially since many more final fantasy speedrunners are women compared to the general community and get enough shit from guys like him.

3 Likes

once again romasaga is the best because the speedruns range from thirty seconds to maybe like, two hours

2 Likes

Super agree with formula here in that I love putting these on as background ambience, enjoying all my favorite parts of JRPGs - the environments, the music, the major events, the boss fights - without actually having to slog through the game. Itā€™s like the perfect speedrun game genre for me.

1 Like

Incredible how they manage to keep inviting the fash on.

i mean they definitely just donā€™t care, because this would be pretty-easily avoided if they did

2 Likes

who got let in?

Luzbelheim