action figures and other toys

fuck that pic of the toy biz batman is really taking me back

It might have been hated but I never knew because I was like six years old at the time. I remember the Batman/Bruce Wayne figure looking decently like Keaton.

Batman wearing a turtleneck:

I think foreign language toy reviews are my new favorite genre.

1 Like

Not that anyone cares but I meant Jason Todd here, not Tim Drake.

1 Like

pack your bags, pal, it is over

1 Like

That one was even better! That’s was when Kenner got the license back from Toy Biz.

Anything with removable mask or helmet is rad

1 Like

That reminds me of a TMNT line where the turtles had armor hidden in their shells. You squeuzed their legs and the shell opened and the armor flip out and fell perfectly into place. It worked really well. I had Raph. I wish I still had that.

1 Like

I know what you’re talking about. Took me a minute to find them because I forgot what they were called. It was the Auto Mutations figures. I had Leonardo.

3 Likes

mask isn’t removeable but checkout this armored Bebop

I had him. One of the coolest Bebop toys.

Interesting, I’m seeing pictures of him in the packaging and his weapons came in a few different colors. The one I got came with weapons which were a bright orange/pink color. But I’m seeing dark purple, brown, red, etc.

One of his weapons was a really large axe which was so cool. Its taller than he is. And his weapons were made from really thick and rigid plastic. So, satisfying to play with.

2 Likes

Actually, I had Donny. Looking at the pictures now, I misremembered. But I remember the armor and its the armor Donny has.

Makes sense, Donatello is my fave.

Getting a horrible urge to spend the rest of my life completing a collection of every Playmates TMNT figure produced from 1988 to 1998.

1 Like

I had Slash

Once upon a time we watched a poodle for a family friend, while they took a vacation. That poodle chewed Slash’s head.

I will never forgive poodles

This guy

was in a comic shop in Biloxi, just outside the Air Force Base I was training at, there. (along with a bunch of other 90’s toys).

What a time warp that place was

3 Likes

ok yeah here is Bebop’s axe, pictured on the back

look.at.that.thing.

1 Like

How can we forget these!

Those face masks were removeable! I had Mikey. My brother had Leo.

The first time I ever saw the movie turtles toys, I was having a birthday party at Godfather’s Pizza:

These were made of bendy rubber. I guess to mimic the rubber suits? I dunno, but they were way different than any other TMNT toy ever. You could pop their limbs off and interchange them. Really well made.

3 Likes

I didn’t like the movie figures. The rubbery limbs were cool but I didn’t like how spotty they looked. I had weird tastes as a kid. They were cool figures.

I had a one of those figures with the removable masks as well as another figure from the undercover line that had a similar mask as well.

His briefcase opened and could hold that slice of pizza.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Are those from Kingdom Hearts?

I totally had this one and lost most of the parts so I just had a Michael Keaton in a turtleneck figure.

Also that detective Donatello is sitting on my desk right now, right under the armpit of Ultimate Warrior Donatello.

5 Likes

omg ive never heard of that super stars line of ninja turtles!

i had like three ninja turtles growing up (the weird fly scientist, samurai leo, and one that looked like he was about to go to the beach? i would always beat them up with my masters of the universe handmedowns)

3 Likes