action figures and other toys

found a japanese mighty max flyer on yaj

it’s 5000 yen though lol

4 Likes

2 Likes

Stuff I got at the flea market today

4 Likes

can you post more pics of the two dinosaurs?

Of all of those shows, VR Troopers somehow got the best action figure line. The Power Rangers monsters were cool but the actual Rangers were so chunky to fit the head flip gimmick.

i have to take issue with this. i never even saw the show until last year, but i had toys from superhuman samurai syber squad because they were just that good.

like, the actual figure itself you got was crap, but you got a ton of awesome armour to attach to it in various configurations

3 Likes

The skeleton stego is a mostly completely skeleflex figure, the purple and black one is a bakugan happy meal toy, and I posted the last guy in the hopes that someone recognizes him. The only clue I have is a 1997 Bandai copyright on his foot but I can’t figure out what toyline its from. Its not a power rangers baddie and I it doesnt fit with any other 97 Bandai lines

2 Likes

I can vouch for the awesome childhood memories I had with the Gridman/SSSS toys. They were just so accurate to the show and still had great movement when all combined. I’m staring at the SSSS.Gridman Max Combine figure and seriously considering making a bad decision.

1 Like

The OG Ranger figs were pretty cool, if bland. Like nothing fancy just huge and all sorts of articulation going on.

Oh yeah, weren’t they big, where as the head flippy ones were the second wave in a smaller scale?

a cool thread about 90s movie toylines. i didn’t know some of these existed!

3 Likes

Wow I totally forgot about the Independence Day figures that came with floppy disks.

1 Like

Yeah, the Mars Attacks line had the same gimmick. I imagine the games are identical.

1 Like

My first reprolabels kit!

4 Likes

Did it again

5 Likes

5 Likes

Of the few remaining Action figures I have (most of which I think I already posted), this is a prized possession.

Never been opened. Unfortunately, its been in an attic for decades, so the box is not even close to mint. But, the figures are mint.

Got this at ToysRUs, once upon a time.

Her hair is “real”. You can see it in this pic a little better. Wrapped under her armpit.

2 Likes

Whoever sculpted those was probably mesmerised by fun house mirrors at a formative age.

These look really good. Pricey tho. Two to a pack, $50 a pop so you’re dropping $250 if you wanted to get all five packs.

I’ll be waiting for the youtuber video review, myself, to experience them vicariously. You know whatever material they use for Batman’s cape it’s not going to look as good as it does in these promo pics.

Here’s a forum thread with better resolution pics
http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?start=120&t=98363

The gamestop exclusive pre-order pages only have thumbnails.

1 Like