Achewood thread

I was bummed that the first of the three Dark Horse books omitted them. They were just little captions under each strip in the latter two.

Wait what are these things rare??

I think I have all of them?

My mom read them. Thereā€™s a coffee stain on the back of volume one. A faint one. Moms!!

Did I miss my chance at Making Big Bucks on eBay now that theyā€™re reprinting everything?

Theyā€™re cool books.

Damn two of my favs back to back no wonder I didnā€™t think to sell these

10 Likes

Despite all appearances I hate shilling anything I do but I did list these books on ebay and the auction is ending in 10 hours. Itā€™s currently sitting at $69 for six volumes of Achewood. There are only 5 ā€œwatchersā€ which in my experience means it probably wonā€™t sell for much more than sex-number-prices. So if this shit is gonna sell for cheap Iā€™d rather one of my cool friends get it than some fuckinā€™ anonymous nerd who probably loves root beer to an unhealthy degree

Thank you

oh bubby iā€™ll give you a hundo right now pop them shits off there

2 Likes

I was gonna offer to buy them off you outright when you listed them but I didnā€™t want to buy too much of your stuff

I just raised the max bid by a lot just in case

2 Likes

getting into a bidding war with felix over bachelorā€™s achewood books might be too thick a dose of a certain branch of sb energy for me to stomach but i guess iā€™ll find out

9 Likes

well weā€™re past the limit i originally had in mind but that was before this was a competition with king felix, hm

6 Likes

Thank you everyone. The books sold for a very fine price. I am sure they found a very nice new home. Iā€™m going to pore over them right now to make sure I didnā€™t leave any bread crumbs or spaghetti stains or pubics hidden in those pages. It would be very embarrassing if I did that.

Anyway,

old%20homosexual%20

Thank you.

8 Likes

seems to be confirmed this is included btw

Presented by Patreon: Achewood is back. It has comments now.

5 Likes

you beat me by six minutes

1 Like

2 Likes

i donā€™t know if i have the courage to do this again

1 Like

The one comic posted so far doesnā€™t have enough substance for me to say ā€œhell yes weā€™re backā€ yet. The podcast transcript between Roast Beef and Pat seemed like it would be familiar to the point of predictability, but I came away both pleasantly surprised and with the sense that time really has passed since I last followed these characters.

1 Like

fuck off ai

6 Likes

Man, this is depressing. His second attempt at an Achewood show, this time at Netflix with Pendleton Ward gets cancelled after the streaming bubble bursts, then immediately afterwards his book publisher has financial problems and cancels the already announced Complete Achewood Canon Collection, and desperate I assume for money from this aftermath, he turns to some VC dude who fully sells him on A.I.

12 Likes

Definitely true that heā€™s messing around in the arena, and spending a lot(!) of money for the opportunity based on that article, but in case there was any doubt: the new strips are not part of this.

7 Likes

lol

5 Likes

Where the AI based Lie Bot?

9 Likes