A rapper named Viper

I made a close friend with someone during college who just casually revealed to me not very long ago that he created a lot of Vipers album covers after contacting him. Apparently he was sent a folder full of hundreds of bathroom mirror cell phone pictures and a text file of potential titles. My friend did an interview about this recently ‘I Forgot I Made Them for a While’: Interview with the Creator of Viper’s Most Iconic Album Covers – NEEM blog I keep asking him to post here.

12 Likes

viper used to have a music video on his channel which was just him dry humping a visibly uncomfortable woman over and over again while she tries to get away or push him off and he ended up having to delete it for obvious reasons

anyway when i was 16 years old my twitter username was lesbian megatron, and viper followed me back, and immediately slid into my dms desperately trying to get me to paypal him money for a CD. when i informed him i didn’t have money for a CD he proceeded to ask me if i was really a lesbian, i said yeah, he said do you wanna be my lesbian girlfriend and i said dude i’m 16 and he said ok well do you wanna be in my music video, ill fly you down to houston and pay you money and you can be in my music video. he was very insistent about this and eventually i had to block him

doesn’t take much to figure out what would happen if i was in his “music video”

eventually 1 or 2 other girls came forward about this on twitter because everyone loves to talk about viper and his shitty music, but hes actually a chronic predator who pursues underaged girls. it got buried very quickly so i try not to get pissed off every time i see people mention him but i really don’t fucking understand why this guy has stuck around as long as he has… i mean i don’t even wanna get into how annoying it is that white people think crack smoking is sooo funny because im already killing the vibe but yeah.

21 Likes

nah you’re not killing the vibe. this dude’s an oddity but, personally, his album covers are the extent of anything you may say is his appeal. even in the distant way he interacted with my friend, it was enough to give a clear impression this guy’s not someone worthy of trusting. and, yeah, like, what is there to admire about his music lol

i am not entirely astonished to learn viper the rapper was capable of being a huge creep

has made some compelling content, but

2 Likes

man even when i didn’t actively hate him i tried listening to a bunch of his stuff on spotify and the amount of like copy and pasted beats and lyrics is ridiculous. he pumps out like 40 albums a year and at least half of them are basically the same thing over and over again. hes no fucking gucci mane in terms of workrate ill say. and i never hear his fans mention this at all, so i’m fairly convinced people dont even dig into his discography outside of meme status

6 Likes

Shit I didn’t know any of this when I made the cheese pic. So sorry for bringing that shitty dude up.

That cover is the only Viper thing I ever knew.

2 Likes

briefly thinking of the viper cuts i’ve definitely enjoyed for whatever reason

ultimately he’s no tonetta either and that’s that

2 Likes

which grinning zoomer gassed him up to drop this one

in general i think i have to accept the shitposts-as-project-titling gimmick is never not going to amuse me

5 Likes

oh no, you’re causing me to appreciate his music a little brooks.

1 Like

yeah i cant hate the temporary secretary beat lmao this is potentially the most amusing viper song i have ever heard especially with the reveal that he paid money for the DOA6 swimsuit DLCs

3 Likes

some others that have a little something