A Poster played The Dangan Ronpa Series Tonight

I bought this at full price 3 years ago, which is something I very rarely do. I wanted to play alongside my friend! And I failed at that. I have started the game now though. It is horny yes. This is a game that tells you each character’s bust size and weight and it’s gross but I don’t give a single shit cuz it’s snappy and it feels good to click on things

I bet people think this about me all the time, the cosplayer is my new favorite most relatable character.

4 Likes

“almost sexy” is a real mean thing to say imho

Sending this to all the Italian relatives I haven’t spoken to in years in hopes that it becomes a meme and that I someday hear these words coming from Big Time Tommy’s mouth

Never mind, this bit is more relatable, I love this girl who hates men even though I’m sure this will go very uncomfortable places I am all about this, right now.

4 Likes

People join Hobo and Myself. Dang I forgot how fun it is to sit and think about the dyanamics of these characters.

3 Likes

Got to the first intermission and wow identifying (not even putting this in spoilers because it is stupid) the projector sheet was stupid. I had to look it up because I was coming very close to failing.

First Trial Finished

Woah. I was curious if they were gonna pull one of these. I just don’t like that they pulled away the one female protag they’ve had. Now I got this wimp Detective!

There was a bloody handprint on the ball!! That never came up.

Need to remember they’ve done memory wiping and implication this is VR like 2.

The Japanese VA and English subs do a trick because the VAs refer to everyone by family name but the subs are all first names. I don’t got time to learn 16 chatacters full names just for them to die off. I guess 14 now!

No greater mysteries from the first trial. I guess the big one was Rantaro’s Ultimate. But he’s dead it isn’t important. He mentioned Ultimate Hunt so maybe this is something about eliminating Ultimates.

4 Likes

Now you’ve finished the first trial, an interesting anecdote the lead writer told at a con I attended:

For the japanese promos of the game, they deliberately featured the wrong protagonist. But by that I don’t mean Kaede but K1B0, the ultimate robot! So for japanese players the first protagonist surprise was that Kaede was the true protagonist. And then, she was actually part of the misdirection too! Double twist! He didn’t say that, of course, during the conference it was naturally always maintained that Kaede was the sole true protagonist. She’d been the lead in the demo too but the Danganronpa demos are notably not sticking to the true scripts so they can’t be trusted. Amusingly, ultimate clairvoyant Hagakure from DR1 is the first victim both in the DR1 and DRV3 demos

2 Likes

Wow I held off for a long time. But the oppurtunity came to play and so I did.

Up to Second Trial Start

Oh no. I think around release I heard this guy bit it early in the game. It’s a major bummer.

They are reallly setting up my new best bro did the crime with the 1st Person Diary Monologue. I believe the game is better than that. So I gotta believe his murder is later. BELIEF IN MY FRIENDS IN THIS GAME I won’t fall into despair this time MONOKUMA.

But everyone for memories. Oh no.

Also they absolutely clearly setup that Robokuma put everyone’s motivation tablets in their own rooms just no one had looked at them yet except…the killer did.

Honestly think Himiko (magician) did do it. I mean the flags are there for astronaut boy (he acted really weird in the pool area, would know the mathematics for rope and such.)

Right now the main mystery is how the hell he got in that box! Gonta said he saw Himiko in the piranha box.

Also everything with Maki. Something is going to come out this trial.

Also going to be super boring when the Maid is ordered to kill someone or plant false evidence or something. Really hoping they find something clever to do with that.

2 Likes
2nd Trial End

lollllllllll

The maid’s speech got to me. But also I am thinking this IS the end of the world scenario and everyone is already dead. Or something.

Why is the Robot Kuma killing their siblings…are they good…or evil.

Sad Tennis guy went out like that.

Gonna be thinking about Maki’s reveal. What does it mean!! The easy answer is evil genius is behind it all. They have been playing this as a game the whole time. Would make sense.

Monokuma you won’t fill me with despair!'nn

1 Like

Holy Crap.

4 Likes
Until 3rd Trial Start

Holy Crap! Double Murder.

I really liked the tension Chapter 3 had. Cults are scary as shit and replacing one draconian scenario with another was something else. But also I loved how it shifted all your alliances suddenly. You were with horny mechanic and lier boy who I had been staying away from. This game does such a good job of shifting your expectations I love it!

I saw an obvious lost clue in that under the floorboards was dusty. Covered in Dust or the dust paths.

Having Kaito just be sick from ghost fear was kind of lame. I was expecting like he had a terminal illness and that’s why he never got to space despite being very good as an astronaut. I wondered about the tension of one of them just dropping dead. No murder.

I am really trying to remember if suicide happened in the first two games? Was that an option?

Another thing I love about this game is “it won’t go down the way you expect it to.” The amnesia character dies. Your character is a murderer. The tennis guy gets done like a chump. So now I gotta deal with this third case.

We have Amua or whatever in the process of doing a resurection spell to revive Rantaro. Was she successful? The gold katana has blood as does the kami found under the floor. Why such a big deal about the two different locks?

Suspects: the second murder was done incase the senace did work and spilled the beans. That’s right now the only motive I can think of for Tenko (Akido)'s murder.

Kaito (astronaut) hates all the occult shit and the implications.
Maki (assassin) most skilled could make it look like others did it. Leaning towards she at least did the second murder for some reason.
Magician girl was in place for both murders.

I believe the anthropologist would have stayed out of all of this.

Actually thinking about it lier boy makes the most sense for the second murder at least. He had blood on his face had to fake that it was his own blood.

Dang what a fun game!

2 Likes

also there were two moments in the second trial I had to cheat because I feel like the translators failed at how bizarrely worded the question was.

I am now at the 4th trial I will write up the 3rd trial and 4th investigation soon.

@jsnlv @Tuxedo is your spoiler from the beginning of the thread the 4th investigation thing so I can finally click on it? Y’all had to tantalize me with a spoiler then I had to sit on it.

Our comments can be read after first case, actually.

1 Like
Third Trial Finish

The solution was semi-novel but I was checked out once Anthropologist boy started to crack. We hadn’t had one of these people crack yet so that was interesting. Angie’s hold on the group evaporated pretty quick though.

Magician girl breaking was a good character development.

And the writers complete block with the Monokids to not repeat themselves so they are just acting completely random while Monokuma spins his circles. He occasionally looking at the player going “you enjoy and signed up for the killing” Turns out Monokuma is THE PLAYER OH NOOOOOO

Until Trial 4 Start

lol JRPG Maker forcing me to consider JRPG rules. Maybe this is testing my patience was in a real hurry to get to the trial for this one.

Feel like this is the point to figure out I had to learn the Japanese word for “cum dumpster”. The translators really had fun with this because they had to have fun with it. No idea why they Made Gonta sound like Tarzan in english he speaks full sentences in Japanese. But I don’t know what Jungle Human sounds like in Japanese.

Hey what do you know Kaito does have anime sickness! Will he murder to get out of the bubble? How come the fucking astronaut hasn’t commented on the stars being different?

We got poison we got vr machine which is the death method?

Alright this time suspects: not worried about Maki, Gonta, Magician, Cosplayer.

Could see Keebo maybe accidentally killing her. She didn’t die by the poison because supposedly she was thrashing around. I tried hanging out with him and lord he kind of sucks. Don’t tell him I said that we are all stuck in this killing game together but gah. Chill out dude. I got post-game 14 other folks to romance.

They broke character to show Kokoichi scheming with Monokuma (which honestly I did not like at all.) he’s like the obvious suspect and more dangerous than the white hair kid from DR2 (who was really really dangerous.) break his leg and deliver his meals.

I already have a suspicion that the avatars were switched for some character.

Last Trial was “it was the obvious one, but lots of roundabout to arrive at that” (even though I didn’t suspect him.) So like every sign points to Kokoichi.

Also what was the outside world motive?

Already ready for some programmer the maps are stored on top of each other. They already ruined that the left-right borders wrap around.

Oh yes WHY THE HAMMER.

My RSI is acting up so I really get to sit with this mystery for a few days. Think about all the clues and motivations.

5 Likes

I am so consumed I had to play more with the vita on my hip tapping the screen. Then they kept giving me stupid minigames.

Trial 4 Intermission

Okay are they going to flashback to the beginning of this chapter and say it was Miu that met Monokuma?

Are they all actually still in the simulation fuckkkkkkk

Kokoichi is such an ass knowing what’s going on and now just praising every reveal. Just like the player! And making the player as uncomfortable as possible. I kept going “I figured this out already let’s move on” and then cutting to Kokoichi saying great job figuring it out with this tone of “now you are catching up!” Is creepy as heck.

Okay so now the real mystery who killed her and why the hammer?

I guess it is somewhat explained that the interiors and exteriors are the same map so…i don’t need to worry about that? I was thinking there was more game map foolishness but they talk about windows and sounds so I guess not.

There was an avatar error when they first logged in.

Going out on a limb gonna say it was Gonta.

Kaito needs to be shown betrayal can happen. Cosplayer was with me. Magician doesn’t have a full arc yet (and based off previous games the “magic” user survives.) Keebo might have sexed her to death. This is too sloppy and nonsense for Maki. Could also be kokoichi.

Also full chance we just hedge our bets and split the vote 50/50 to find the murderer but the murderer ain’t gonna allow that.

4 Likes
Trial 4 End

Whoops turns out i was right.

Bringing back Alter Ego hah.

my next theory: Kaito will try to kill Kokoichi, fuck up and Maki will have done it have to fake the evidence. Final round is Kokoichi, Magician, Cosplayer, Keebo.

3 Likes

Oh boy.

You said it

The things that really cracks me up about case 4 is it’s a big deal that you have to cross a zone boundary in the “middle” of the exterior map and that you cannot perceive what’s happening directly next to you because of that, and it’s presented as such an unnatural thing. But the world outside the simulation has the same characteristic for you, the player.

Gotta say it’s also kinda interesting that I had really mostly forgotten V3’s cases apart from the first and last (for obvious reasons) although they come back to mind relatively quickly once I hear a couple keywords.

Out of curiosity, since the general horniness has been mentioned before, have you been to the (not an actual spoiler for you who are playing the game because it’s mentioned this already at this point) love hotel yet?

2 Likes