絶体絶命都市4Plus -Summer Memories-

Yes, nothing you do makes any difference in which ending you get other than which way you go on the motorcycle when presented with that choice. But be sure to try the second ending if you haven’t. It’s dramatically different.

And, of course, the real ending is the DLC epilogue. Hopefully it’s still free.

1 Like

the first part is, actually!
Don’t know why they put out a second part od the epilogue, and i’ll see when i get around to that after my second run.

Also just straight up using a standing urinal as a scantily-clad lady in a cowboy hat in a building on the verge of collapse kinda rules.

3 Likes

I picked this up on a sale because of this forum’s recommandations even if the demo left me a bit cold

Demos are really good (for being consumer-friendly) but also really bad (at selling games) I’m already feeling more positive about the game than before, not even having played more of the game. I think that’s purely because I paid some money and now have real stakes in the game being good, so I’m really truly giving it a fair chance now. Which doesn’t happen with a free demo. I feel guilty about this but can’t help it

Anyway I like how the game will ask you whether you want to do an action like a badass responsible person or do the same thing like a fucking awkward idiot. Example at the beginning: « Do you want to follow safety instructions and crouch, or to nervously look at what everybody else is doing, copy them and crouch? »

I imagine most gamers would pick the first option out of these 2 but I like how the game allows me to roleplay as me, a dumbass who would definitely not survive a videogame disaster

So my plan is to play honestly and pick the clueless idiot answers, focus on survival, and never try to be a hero since I’m sure more qualified people could handle these situations better

Actually I already got hit by a building and died; I see this as the canon ending. The rest of the game is a purely non-canonical what if scenario. The city was hit by an earthquake, I didn’t really know what to do so I tried to follow what everyone else was doing, then a building collapsed on me. The end

11 Likes

The game is currently 24 euros in the Epic Game Store and I assume something similar in other regions. You might also have a convenient 10 euros/dollars/etc off coupon there, bring the price down to something that is close to an impulse purchase.

Admittedly I haven’t read up on how well (read: poorly) it performs on PC.

This game is way more on rails and scripted than I expected - In order to progress you have to do actions like risk your life to save another, etc.

The multiple choices during conversations feel hollow as a result; it’s impossible to reconcile most of them with the extremely altruistic actions you have to do to progress. If you go with anything but a selfless risk-taking personality for the main character, their behavior is not going to stay consistent throughout the game. Hero during exploration, opportunistic coward during conversations?

It’s a shame because the game always offers a deep palette of options beyond the usual Good hero / Jerk Hero; they’re where the soul of the game resides IMO.

I don’t think I’ll continue playing since both ways forward are unappealing (either dealing with this dichotomy or playing as a generic hero)

I’m actually fine with the game’s performance on the Switch and find it can be quite beautiful at times now!

6 Likes

That’s dissappointing Kyouei Toshi and ZZT3 were linear but you were free to be a selfish weirdo.

1 Like

Elden Report?

8 Likes

Haha I hope the timing of this doesn’t mean this is another Irem/Granzella-style elaborate April Fool’s thing. Well, they did do an R-Type Final 2 mockup one year that was eventually realized…

1 Like

1 Like