絶体絶命都市4Plus -Summer Memories-

This game is awesome and it owns extra hard if you have an OL fetish… like, I’m sorry but if you’ve never ever wanted to roleplay as a Japanese girl wearing one of those recruit suits… like if that does nothing for you…? Sorry but we can’t hang out.

4 Likes

The framerate is pretty rough on Switch but I rationalize buying it by telling myself it adds a sense of gravity to the collapsing environment like slow motion explosions during shmup boss deaths.

6 Likes

They should make one of these except your a civilian in an Earth Defense Force game.

5 Likes

I mean that’s basically what City Shrouded in Shadow is, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s Kyoei Toshi and you’ll never play it (unless you learn Japanese.)

Oh right, I completely forgot about that game. Okay well how about an asynch multiplayer game where you have people playing the EDF fighting aliens and some people playing civilians and trying to survive.

4 Likes

I’d rather have a physical copy, but I haven’t seen that available for a month or so at any price. So this might be the price drop I’ve been waiting for.

yeah, i saw this was £35 here. that’s probably the right price.

I finished this game today, everything but the epilogue. It feels like a PS2 game throughout, and I enjoyed it. Some good character interactions, and while there is plenty of subtle and not-so-subtle humor there are also some surprisingly heavy themes at times. Compared to my memory of the previous games, I mean.

I’d wondered whether there might be any direct references to Irem games, and there is one (the so-called “fighter aircraft” compass).

2 Likes

After finishing the epilogue, I quickly ran through some of the game a second time to do things differently. There aren’t true branching paths other than one at the end, but there are a lot of amusing choices you can make.

When you reach that final decision point, it’s definitely worth saving and seeing both endings.

My overall opinion of this game is quite positive. It has the charm and the rough edges of the previous Disaster Report games. In short,

Disaster Report 4 - Summer Memories -_20200525231228

13 Likes

oh shit you platted it! were any trophies hard to get?

Not difficult but often tied to things that you can’t just go back and do later if you miss them. You get most of the trophies just by exploring thoroughly (which you kind of do whether you want to or not because it’s not always clear how to advance the story).

I mentioned saving and reloading to see both endings, but I did that in a few other places as well. You get “moral points” and “immoral points” for some of your decisions. Although those points didn’t appear to do anything in the end, I made sure my character had only the positive ones. But sometimes when the immoral choice sounded interesting I would do that first and then reload.

When I did my partial second run, I used a trophy guide to get the ones I had missed because why not?

1 Like

The epilogue was comfy as hell. Just chilling out on your winter vacation and meeting up with old friends(?). I’d play an entire game of that.

2 Likes

Yes, the epilogue adds a lot to the game, in mood as well as in the way it resolves loose ends with a couple of the characters. Kind of like a more elaborate and interactive version of the Dragon Warrior 4 ending where you give everyone a ride home in the balloon.

1 Like

The more I reflect on this game, the more I like it.

A few scenes are more distressing than anything I remember from the first two games, and there’s also more humor. The tone is all over the place, really, but in a way that somehow works. Maybe it wouldn’t work if other aspects of the overall design were a little more polished or modern-feeling. It definitely wouldn’t work if they had gone for a more cartoon-like look rather than rough-but-realistic.

I would not have been disappointed had I paid full price, though I’m still a little surprised that the game was released at that price point. I hope it does well and Granzella goes on to make a lot more games. (Speaking of which, there’s supposed to be an R-Type Final 2 demo within the next month or so. Their last update in April said that would be in early summer despite virus-related delays.)

Now I want to play Raw Danger again.

10 Likes

you just won me over. was about to buy this but i missed the sale.

10 Likes

i hope everyone checked the marketplace for this game, since there are dozens of costumes available, for free.
Just make sure to not mistake them for the three or four-ish that aren’t!

There’s nothing like playing this as a ‘selfish superhero-dork when everyone is having a hard time’-simulator.

1 Like

You not only get to be a bad guy if you want, but also a cult leader and a faith healer.

10 Likes

tried both!
i guess that’s why the first ending i got felt a bit… underwhelming. But it was great fun!
Actually am in my second run now, and go all the way in being a dork, let’s see where i end up with that run.