3D realtime games with random levels

3 Likes

truly Daggerfall is the ultimate victory of essence over existence, a world more real in its reams of spreadsheets than the glorious 3D truecolor dreamscape it renders out to

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Traveling#Indoor_Horse.2FCart_Riding

Indoor Horse/Cart Riding

While not normally possible, there is a method involving the Recall spell that allows your to ride a horse indoors. First, you must cast a Recall spell and set an anchor inside the building or dungeon you wish to ride in. You must then exit the indoor location, mount your horse, and then recast the Recall spell to teleport. When you appear at the anchor location, you will still be on horseback. This method is not recommended, however, as you cannot access the Transport Mode menu to dismount while indoors, which can result in your becoming trapped indoors on horseback

Trapped indoors on a horse because I forgot how to chose to dismount.

4 Likes

I can sort of speak for the first one which was a bit of a slog and had certain builds that would trivialize the whole game but had some nice music and a weird heavy-handed allegorical body horror/transhuman story that was kind of barely there other than in a few boss dialogues and two nice-looking fmvs.

Pikmin 2 caves (maybe not since the camera needs to be manipulated from the top-down default)
Dark Cloud 1, 2

2 Likes

rengoku has random levels? i mean its obvious now that I think of it

1 Like

I forgot about it for a long time, but Malevolence: Sword of Ahkranox seems to aim at out-Daggerfalling Daggerfall. I don’t think there’s any main quest, and the map is arbitrarily large rather than randomly generated.

Interesting, but grid and turn based is :-1:

Huh, sure enough. But all their inspirations are real time!