2020 tunes

what music from this year did you like?

Sawayama

2 Likes

2 Likes

these 5 albums:

This might be the only new music I listened to more than once, actually.

1 Like

I can’t stop listening to this song (which is a cover of this song).

Also, I really like this recording of a live performance at a museum. It goes a lot of interesting places.

1 Like

Cindy Lee put out two new records, What’s Tonight to Eternity and another you can only get by sending Pat Fiegel money directly through PayPal called Cat O’ Nine Tails which I listened to a ton this year. But also they re-issued their 2018 record Model Express making it available in a wider way than it ever has been so I checked that out too

Armond Hammer (Elucid and Billy Woods) had a new record that was as good as ever, but maybe not as depressed and dark as their last record Paraffin

https://armandhammer.bandcamp.com/

1 Like

music for self esteem was my favourite album this year:

1 Like
1 Like

liked the new dehd a lot and the new wolf parade was nice

1 Like

New album by a favorite electronic/folk/pop band, Tunng. They haven’t been putting out their best work for a while, but this one is their best in years. Interesting but also kind of NPR-ish concept where they’re investigating all aspects of how cultures deal with death.

The new Gorillaz album is their best since Plastic Beach (but not nearly reaching the heights Plastic Beach did).

New Oneohtrix Point Never is OK.

I guess the theme of this year’s new music for me has been “this band is past their prime but this album is the best they’ve done in a while.” Maybe that comes with getting older.

(“Fond Dream 春嬉” being my fav)

this album basically just dropped and i’m madly in love with it so there

still think its wild that this even exists and sounds exactly like it would if it was recorded in like 1998

New Autechre is real good.

Kenyan industrial metal, real heavy, creepy as hell:

Modern jazz with a mix-hop feel and a real positive vibe:

Black metal that absolutely rips, added Chinese traditional instrumentation is a neat twist:

1 Like

This album. And it’s free today!

1 Like

Had this stuck in my head for a significant portion of the year.

2 Likes

This is my top 1 tunes of twenty twenty

Shame none of rmr’s other songs are any good at all

1 Like