2017 Spring Playing

all i remember is it being super generic. if you want physics in a british platformer, i recommend the mega drive game puggsy. it has physics to an absurd degree! turn automatic saving off in your emulator though, or this happens

i also recemmend wiz n liz, also on the mega drive, just because it’s excellent, super fast, and full of tons and tons of secrets.

i can’t think of any amiga platformers worth playing off the top of my head, though. lionheart, i guess? my favourite amiga game is probably wicked, a single screen occult stg with so much atmosphere

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’ve always found shattered soldier to be really dry and punishing, it comes from an era of especially cackhanded nostalgia when developers kept failing to understand what they were supposed to be calling back to. Just play metal slug X or hard corps.

Neo Contra is better though

anyway my backlog is pretty much cleaned out these days! I’m like 85% of the way through nocturne, KRZ, and numenera and basically saving them because they run on my laptop in case I’m ever real bored somewhere, I’ve been meaning to replay both papers please and sc2, I just got into doom’s arcade mode and Edith Finch, I’m planning on getting the long journey home and Tokyo 42 next month, and right now I’m really enjoying breath of the wild, which I’m probably 2/3 done with?

I also want to try the next titanfall and rocket league maps. But I think that’s about the extent of it!

Direct copypaste from desktop games.txt

Dishonored 2
Owlboy
Quantum Break
DQ7?
FF15
Last Guardian
Stephen’s Sausage Roll
Glittermitten Grove
Nu-Prey
Infinite Warfare
Divinity OS
Torment 2
Nier 2
Gravity Rush 2
Obduction
Edith Finch

PLAY
Witcher 3
Alien Isolation
Talos Principle
DOOM
Abzu

this you can skip

this isn’t actually good but you’d probably like it

you have kids, is this a joke

this is only fine though a very nice retread of prior themes

idk if you’ll have the sustained cognition for this, I didn’t

play this for sure, you can do it in two evenings

holy shit what are you waiting for

the demo is probably enough

What, no comments on the rest?

assent is implied

DQ7 I figure, I can play it 45 minutes at a time for like three years. That sounds nice.

2 Likes

Gradius V is so fucking hard

the hitbox is really generous and the options are extremely powerful

it’s still gradius so if you die you’re gonna get punished even worse for it

That is a hella SB 2007 shelf right there. All it is missing is Gears of war.

1 Like

As the other Myst fanboy on this forum i will make a pact with you that if one of us starts playing Obduction the other will and we will trade tips and have a real good time.

I’m honestly just relieved you hadn’t played it yet.

Two of the myst novels are in a storage shed with my childhood stuff.

Because I bought a random one for like 50 yen!

And whoever was slagging Resonance of Fate I have multiple podcasts where I talk about how fantastic it is. It’s just like building the worlds greatest model ship in a bottle. You need a very specific mindset to be ready for it.

DQ7 would be a great game to play with kids around, since it’s all just episodes in an anime series and such. It might take you six years, but that is kinda lovely.

Fuck yeah ROF forever.

I love that game so much that I should finish it.

it’s also half as long on 3ds if you have one

play original sin asap

yes , get into iidx , suffer with me

Actually my list can contain a sublist of “games I am waiting to play until I have a better computer for prettier graphics,” that list would be

Dishonored 2
Nu-Prey
Obduction
DOOM
Abzu

So it’ll probably be a while. I’ll let you know in a minimum of 12 months

Dishonored 2 is cool but it isn’t a substantial improvement on 1 other than visually, I’d play Prey and Zelda first

Also I wasn’t that taken with the hour of Edith Finch I tried last night, it’s a very well executed surrealist Gone Home but I think I find this genre too dang solipsistic

That’s the difference between you and me my friend

I will never play Zelda because I will never own a Switch :shrug: