10,000 Bulletins: No One Can Stop the Presses! (Part 1)

I have replaced Steam link and Steam input with moonlight and the Xbox accessories app respectively and they’re both less obtrusive albeit restricted to particular hardware.

4 Likes

(Sorry for deleting my post mentioning Steam input leaving yours out of context, I wanted to rephrase.) I tried Moonlight+GeForce remote play a few years back and it was less reliable and plug-and-play than my later experience with Steam Link+input so that informs why I praise it, but perhaps the Moonlight world has improved since then.

Anyway, the thing about software that are a big company’s only product is that they become a giant dumping ground for every feature they develop, and that has its good sides and bad sides. The good side is features like Steam Link that are a value-add to a huge number of games at once, and the bad side is that it becomes an unholy mess of menus and notification symbols all over the place.

Steam today reminds me a bit of iTunes back when that was Apple’s main software product.

4 Likes

Oh no worries

iTunes circa 2010 is spot on

Nvidia streaming gets to skip the desktop but I don’t use the game launcher, just mstsc.exe

On an Apple TV you can use the horrible lil trackpad in Windows, it’s great

2 Likes

Watching footage of Returnal and I’m hoping between it and Outriders maybe big budget developers will be inspired to make games with faster walk speeds again.

And as much faith as I had in House Marque to make a cool game I honestly did not expect whatever they made to be both so well received and also perceived as a true next gen quality production, which apparently people seem to be saying it is. So props to them.

Hoping there’s an optional mode with points popping out of enemies.

1 Like
1 Like

thread for next round of sb poll is open for discussion here

2 Likes

xuan yuan sword 7 is getting an english release

9 Likes

I can’t wait to kick some Mohist ass.

1 Like

A PS5 game

1 Like

Non-Battle Royale mode in Apex

5 Likes

god damn it how did they make me want a PS5

2 Likes

The music choice makes the Ratchet and Clank game feel really old.

2 Likes

Culture has really done a disservice to “Uncontrollable Urge”, it’s hard to listen to now.

2 Likes

Not bad, when I first heard the word “Legacy” I imagined a half-assed free-for-all mode, but this has a lot of thought to it with the multiple rounds and the escalating drop pods.

1 Like

Ratchet & Clank has officially entered its dad rock phase

1 Like

me watching this trailer: no no no no nuhnuh nuhnuh nuhnuhnuh NO!

3 Likes

This PS4 lookin ass game is really motivating me to drop $600 or whatever the hell it is on a PS5 lemme tell ya

I’ve never felt so lucky to avoid things mostly. I can’t really think of a use of it, and I didn’t watch the trailer till you mentioned it.

Yeesh. Why.

Or is it PS3 lookin ass

Who can tell anymore

1 Like

Kind of wild even Ratchet has a sleek movie production look to it, like basically every Sony first-party title must these days. I think it’s been that way for a while now, but with the shuttering of Japan Studio and their new dweeb CEO I read it cynically.

4 Likes