Your song of the moment (Part 1)

1 Like
1 Like

Re: OPN, ā€œSameā€ off the new record is leaning hard into Tears For Fears and itā€™s very decent

1 Like
2 Likes

fuk yesss

a very happy 25th birthday

Just found out one of my favorite bands put out a new album months ago. Hadnā€™t heard a thing about it:

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

Van Der Graaf Generator is the secret missing link between prog and punk ā€“ Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols once claimed their singer as a major influence. And this song makes it very clear why. This vocal performance is incredible to me. Itā€™s raw, personal, and intense, but in equal measure itā€™s theatric, bombastic, and operatic. The song starts out with subdued jazz drumming, but ratchets up so slowly and continuously, like the feeling of tonguing a loose baby tooth before it finally falls out. It reaches a sublime climax once, but it was a fakeout, it ratchets even further to a second climax, but even that was only preparation for the third, final wild explosion, the most intense scream Iā€™ve ever heard in music. A scream so extreme that the saxophone is compelled to jump in and echo it as it dies away. The whole song is the sound of panicked scrambling for safety in a barren warzone and coming up empty.

2 Likes

i found the single for this at the record store for $2. i almost asked if i could pay more for it because itā€™s worth more than that idc about the condition

3 Likes

Tonightā€™s YouTube discovery. Looks like they been around a few years!

2 Likes

iā€™m not much into minimal techno but god i love pantha du princeā€™s abuse of bell sounds

3 Likes

Getting into old school death metal this year was the right call I think
2 Likes
1 Like

this brought up a memory Iā€™d completely forgotten:

I was obsessed with the album 99 Cents by Chicks on Speed, listened to it about 50 times maybe 6 years ago. Itā€™s not evenā€¦that good? But I fucking love it. Now I have to find it again.

EDIT: I remember how I found them now, was researching Peaches and found ā€˜We Donā€™t Play Guitars,ā€™ which is pretty good. Now Iā€™m listening to 99 cents again and uh yeah i fucking love this.

EDIT: oh no actually this is better than good it definitely rules

1 Like

Iā€™d actually intended to post the song below. But when I went looking for a video version to post, the above became my song of the moment. As it has been many times before.