Your song of the moment (Part 1)

this is the best song on new sleep

the phenomenally titled “giza butler” is not phenomenal

sonic titan is still best live, al’s echoey yelp changed into his post-om-1.0 weird croon does it no favors

also adding wah to the middle of the song bass riff is a choice i would agree with (and i do like the really maximal Sleep like dragonaut and the track above), the live version’s perfect overdrive is the best dressing for anticipatory plod, now it’s just a riff with dumb effects

(there’s a moment on om’s “at giza” at like 11:00 where after 3 minutes of mild o.d. he gives his bass’ volume knob a half turn and it’s flawless, r.i.p. om r.i.p. sleep)

sleep’s maryland death fest performance in 2014 was the greatest show of my life but i think that more and more it’s confirming that i’m just… a chris hakius head

2 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t like this one as much as the last single they released, but the album is coming out next month along with the new courtney barnett and malkmus, right?

fun month for a certain set of olds

Giving your band a goofy name seems great to set you apart from the rest but it really makes it hard for the stoners that like your music to recall what the fuck you’re called.

eta: the bassline in this is pretty bitchin’

Hey the Double King soundtrack just got released here’s a remix from it

1 Like

this was stuck in my head when i woke up this morning and then it was playing in the grocery store. IT’S AN OMEN?

https://soundcloud.com/katie_dey/fear-pts-1-2

this new/old katie dey song(s) :’)

found out fairuz and now i can’t stop listening to this stuff

I don’t know anything about this track or who made it or what you’d really call it (though I saw the word Balearic being thrown around) but daaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnn:

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes