Your song of the moment (Part 1)

been a minute since I had a song of the moment but:

also

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’ll ever fully understand the phenomena of people who listen to no metal except Amon Amarth. Or like, one Christan metal band and Amon Amarth.

They really are a step above any other melodeath band, tho

this is very much my kinda thing

1 Like
3 Likes

The 90’s trip-hop band Splashdown had wild potential, but they got screwed by their label EMI, who shelved their excellent 2nd album permanently. The band broke up over the stress of it, but they made the very cool move of putting their unreleased album up for free on Napster.

They’re a little cheesy, and they’re very of their time, but god… I love this band. Their songwriting is top notch and their vocal harmonies are beautiful.

I wish things hadn’t totally fallen apart for them. They had a song used in an episode of Charmed, and another song on the soundtrack of Titan AE. They coulda been a Portishead! Or at least a Morcheeba.

Also, I’m watching a video of them performing live back in 2000 and their singer had the best style:
splashdown splashdown2
Also, their Mondo 2000 ass keyboardist, lol: splashdown3
That dude’s doing a solo set in Boston soon that I’ll probably go to. I wonder if he still has that hairdo.

8 Likes

I was in the chinese supermarket earlier and heard this really good jazzy, poppy girl-group-sounding number but my phone couldn’t hear it well enough to look it up, so I can’t find it. Have this instead, which is nothing like it.

1 Like
1 Like

this is cool, it kinda reminds me of the coolest M83 songs

1 Like

oh big BIG mood
1 Like

The youtube video I’d posted of this got spiked and it’s still my song of the moment so here it is again

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I’m getting pretty desperate for the new CRJ album to finally fucking come out.

Started checking out the b-sides for Emotion and boy howdy are they bangers:

5 Likes

i can’t believe it took you this long to check out side B

but yeah i love how everything on that album is super depressing and forlorn EXCEPT then you get the hypest banger on either side:

(ok it probably doesn’t beat Run Away With Me but still)

3 Likes
1 Like

I have a serious soft spot for soft 80’s pop, I stop for sentimental synthpop.

Prefab Sprout is some of the best.

But wait… This album came out in 2013? There is absolutely no reason why a 2013 Prefab Sprout album would ever be worth listening to, except… it is. And this is the best song on it. Ignore the corny video though.

1 Like

Prefab are a cut above

I don’t like any of their LPs entirely more than Swoon but there’s always a couple good numbers on the others and even not being a lyrics person I dig theirs in general

1 Like