Your song of the moment (Part 1)

and when I get my ass kicked I’ll still have half way home to comfort me, bc it’s beautiful and perfect!

1 Like

I’m kind of drunk but I feel like doing a favourite records thread

2 Likes

hey buddy
nice album
half way home… nice fucking album

1 Like

Kind of surprised it hasn’t been done yet!

years ago i was an angry young man
and i’d pretend that i was a billboard
standing tall by the side of the road
i fell in love with the beautiful highway

2 Likes

I thought about it and three of my top five have Malkmus on them so I would perhaps not be the most interesting contributor

1 Like

I think that’s my favorite line in any talking heads song

1 Like
1 Like

This has been one of my songs-of-the-moment off and on for about five years now.

I also like this remix by Maps.

1 Like

was thinking about this song again.

the first results in youtube were sung in english – so weird! that was not the version i used to watch on knockoff-mtv when i was little to feel strange about myself

3 Likes

A good fright

Scratching that Ike Yard itch

1 Like

A top Kate Bush song on what is definitely not a top Kate Bush album (but still pretty good).

2 Likes

whoa

never seen the vid but i definitely listened to the EN version for similar reasons

gregg araki’s jojo’s bizarre adventure part 6: stone ocean (2003)

1 Like

oh god this brings back memories

the comments section of this vid are my people

@meauxdal might appreciate this

1 Like

I’m just on a really big Kate Bush binge right now.

This song about finding the sublime in the everyday builds to such an intense and beautiful climax. It’s about staying up all night on the beach and finally watching the sunrise peak while you’re floating in the ocean. It moved me so much that I based the ending of my documentary on it.

2 Likes

somehow, this song feels like the rainy, cold bit of autumn/spring.

This thread.

This is my thread. It was made for me. DRR DRR DRR

I’ll be honest, I’ve never played this game, and I hate its Battle Royale spinoff and what it and its ilk are doing to the industry at the moment. But I love this song. Like, a lot.

what are they doing to the industry?