Your song of the moment (Part 1)

I got a karaoke place to uh… serve me up “suzanne” off-menu

“don’t ask if they have leonard cohen off-book, that’s ridiculous, why would that even be a thing”

“oh hell yeah we have it”

2 Likes

:bbcry:

Kmart Store Music, October 1990

Well apparently it can’t be embedded in discourse

SEE THERES GIRLS LIKE YOU

AND THERES GIRLS LIKE ME

y’all are listening to that “good music” with “lyrics” and “deeper meaning” and here I am listening to Donkey Kong Country Music remastered with the original uncompressed samples

get on my level

6 Likes

This song makes me want to drink beers in a park on a sunny day
3 Likes

I’m seeing lucy dacus tonight

love this renaissance of 20 year olds who sound like the 90s (snail mail, soccer mommy, dacus, girlpool, waxahatchee) just a few years after we got the 30 year olds who sound like the 90s (AO & CB & alvvays & speedy ortiz)

it is :+1:

3 Likes

i saw speedy ortiz (an opener) and the guitar had these jackhammer-hitting-but-not-getting-anything-done mids that made me wanna die and vomit and i had to hide in the back of a venue with all these really old devoted music fan types (it was in dc and the headliners had mary timony so there were lots of them)

alvvays, only heard this archie tune and a kexp show

waxahatchee sucks

snail mail i heard a song and its good

“cb”, avant gardener is so good and the rest i dunno

angel olsen though goddamn!!!

i looked up what the hell “ao” could mean and realized she is the one constantly fed to me by spotify and she fucking rules, i knew that already. also i saw the “shut up kiss me” video and she’s so beautiful and expressive with her damn face, if i was younger or god forbid a TEEN i would probably have one of those redefines-my-romantic-sensibilities type crushes, good grief. good thing i’m not though and i can just snooze on this one… whew. being real though it ain’t just the face, i first heard the song “wild hunger” which is technically someone else’s song but her voice totally rips (in this almost cartoonishly quavering way that seems pained but also so sweet, elevates the tune beyond pastiche (additionally its vintage character beyond lynch! or lana del rey etc etc)) so it might as well be hers.

is there anyone angel olsen good in this list of yours

all angel olsen fans can chime in too, this is the fan zone

only Courtney Barnett’s 2015 record is Angel Olsen good imo, you gotta check it out. I really liked the Girlpool album last year though! It’s not on the same level but they’re so young still

also I liked the opener (And The Kids) way more than Lucy the other night but their records aren’t nearly as good as seeing them live and I guess they’ve been on quasi-hiatus since one of them got deported back to Canada

I don’t think I’ve seen a better show since the Burn Your Fire tour here though and that was four years now

also I don’t like waxahatchee either but I included them because they’re opening for Courtney Barnett’s tour here this year which I got tickets for like last week and I was engaging in some wishful thinking

Angel Olsen is great and Half Way Home is the best album and I’ll fight anyone who prefers the later stuff. Strange Cacti is good too.

2 Likes

Angel Olsen was better before she starting trying to sing like Wanda Jackson imo

my woman is probably my least favourite album of hers honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by phases

i will dig really deep into the rest of stuff but i fucking love guitars so if it comes to it i will kick your ass

2 Likes