Your song of the moment (Part 1)

before there was matisyahu there was

(see also worst youtube videos)

(i wish i didn’t get this song stuck in my head as frequently as i do)

1 Like
2 Likes

\m/

2 Likes

beck’s album “sea change” is about the point where i stopped paying attention to beck (although i did see him on the tour supporting that one) and i’m just now revisiting it and have decided it’s Very Good

1 Like

Everyone does that with sea change, then you go back to thinking it’s kinda lousy

Nobody’s fault but my oooooown

i think in the past i was too invested in the sadness to really appreciate that it’s the first (and maybe last? totally no idea what his music after this sounds like other than the singles) time where his country & western fetish is not played for kitsch value.

1 Like

Modern guilt was OK

This compo is very decent, thx

Good music for walking really slowly around your house and neighborhood

3 Likes

this first verse is so fucking bleak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4_fysiyakg

wait, are you thinking of mutations, or did that song show up again on sea changes? I never listened to the latter, but mutations was an album for a bit my freshman year of college.

damn you’re right! I forgot the most sea change-sounding song on mutations wasn’t on sea change

1 Like

king’s field iv has some fucking jams

1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes

trent reznor world

I know this song’s been played to death on various soundtracks for the past, like, 15 years but I heard it on the radio this morning on the way to work and it got me pumped. I will be strutting along to it playing in my mental jukebox for the rest of the day probably.

2 Likes
1 Like