Your song of the moment (Part 1)

looks like girlpool are touring (still/again)? y’all should get on this, they put on a great show

2 Likes

Game Time

Go to a record store and put it in my clothes
And walk past that record man
Got to have the sticky hands
When your ass is broke

Had a client recently whose first name was Aljarreau. Parents had some good taste.

help it’s malkmonth

I’ve been listening to the Front 242 side project Nothing But Noise a lot lately. The initial album reportedly took 20 years to complete, but I guess it was well-received enough that they have done several others since that time, the latest being just a week old (and excellent). Many of their tracks run 15 to 20 minutes, so it’s not easy to just choose one to be representative. But here’s one:

1 Like

For @loki and any other Dredd heads

1 Like

holy shit

2 Likes

Sorry for the normie pick, but this actually is my “song of the moment”. I remember listening to Dylan in my dad’s car as a youngster but it’s obviously impossible to connect with that amount of pain at that age. Certain music finds you at the right time in life, and I guess right now I’m going through a Dylan phase currently.

I’ve been conflicted about it because Dylan is normie but he’s also undeniably a seminal, unique artist all his own. He’s essentially the David Bowie of American roots music; straining all that tradition through his own unique brand of weirdness and in the process somehow completely owning it to the point where it comes off as
fresh and original.

This track is a live version of “You’re a Big Girl Now” and I love how ragged and weary it sounds. Dylan was going through a difficult period in his marriage and you can really feel that.

2 Likes

nah

1 Like

I agree! I’m just trying to fight the people who think otherwise

1 Like

dylan is kind of beyond reproach imo. like a lot of things, you don’t have to like it to recognize the weight of it, the staggering heft

2 Likes

also this is absolutely crushingly beautiful and forlorn

1 Like

Dylan’s stuff is invariably dead-boring to me, but I think what is praised most of all is his lyric-writing, and… yeah, can’t even pretend to care about lyrics. His music is pretty much what I would imagine an aural hell would be, though. It like actively makes me anxiously annoyed and in need of escape to a place of silence

5 Likes

I love reading posts like that because we could not possibly be more opposite

1 Like

please don’t make me mute this thread, dudes