Your song of the moment (Part 1)

3 Likes

"the screaming in the back represents hell’s grounds"
1 Like

Re: PC Music, Danny L. Harle is a legit banger factory does not traffick in plastic irony is def not a hack, for sure my favourite artist in that camp

Like imagine if Taylor Swift radio dreck was produced by extremely competent musicians who are under no illusions about what they are doing, like KNOWER level virtuosity/enthusiasm applied to radio pop instead of funk

whoa danny l harle is good

e: the rest of their stuff is quite good but THIS ONE IS MAGIC

1 Like

Been spending a lot of time on YouTube lately, and with the first new Clemps analysis video on NieR: Automata, I have been diving back into the soundtrack in a big way. Mostly the video here:

But man, this is really reinforcing just how ambivalent I am about this game. Incredible music! Astonishing game direction! I absolutely cannot blame anyone who can’t get past the character designs!

3 Likes

so, since these guys are going to be playing in this hood town soon, I’ve started diving into their album from last month, and unexpectedly started to like this song more than I expected

if you rather prefer yerself some pseudo-bad-ass-ness, they’ve got you also covered:

I WILL WALK INTO A COURT WHILE ERECT
SCREAMING “YES, MOTHERFUCKERS, I AM GUILTY, I AM DEATH”

7 Likes

Lou Reed remains underrated because we still don’t talk about how fucking unbelievable it is that he went from “Mistrial” to “New York” in just one album. New York is probably one of my favorite albums of all time, and it is certainly one of the best solo albums from a former Rock Band Dude out there and Mistrial is just
 so unbelievably bad. So incredibly bad. Some of the worst music ever recorded.

1 Like

the only thing wrong with New York is that the second half is almost all protest anthems of varying quality, like he was listening to too much springsteen

definitely way up there for me too in spite of that though

1 Like

It definitely has a very vinyl/cassette era “b side” to it but I find his grumpy new york dad vibe charming. I just wonder what happened to him to enable him to go from “the original wrapper” to “last great American whale” basically overnight

2 Likes

This is one of the greatest things I ever heard

We may disagree on many things but on this I believe we will always agree

1 Like

http://www.win.tue.nl/~hermanh/doku.php?id=sound_of_space-filling_curves

These guys killed it last night (as they always do)