Your song of the moment (Part 1)

Please someone help define this term

1 Like

look you’re just outing yourself as an old for not knowing this

(it’s a really hard to search for internet music label run by a guy who i think is probably a douchebag?? but i just get that vibe

i’m really just here for HD

HD is wonderful)

Anyway,

pc music is a collective that has artists like a.g. cook and SOPHIE and girlfriend of the year and QT and they do essentially deconstructed pop music

a lot of it is pop music stripped down to really bare elements and they try to see how much they can get away with while still keeping things poppy

the collective is a little oneohtrix point never-esque in terms of its approach to sound design, which is interesting because they manage to cover both ends of the spectrum with SOPHIE trending more towards the Garden of Delete-esque stuff and most of the other artists toward the r+7 stuff

this is a really bad simplification of the sound but it’s all I got atm :expressionless:

I went to a show that a bunch of them played and it surprised me how correct I was in my prediction on how it would go

Thanks for the lowdown. From context, it just sounded like it was some new term for modern pop music and included like, Taylor Swift and the Chainsmokers and whatever. All this heavily electronic stuff that dominates Top 40 stations now.

that’s actually apple music

BYEEEEEEEE

4 Likes

I’d been working on a song for the past couple weeks that I described as “kind of American Sharks-y” but then I saw them last night and realized that I’d completely ripped off the main riff from them so oops throw that one out.

Anyway, here’s the song I stole the riff from

now i know White Guy Plays Guitar is nobody’s favorite genre but: listen to this White Guy Play Guitar for 9 Minutes

1 Like

i once pissed off my entire friend group in high school ca. 2001 during a conversation about “authenticity” because i said i’d rather hear someone open mic with a laptop than an acoustic guitar, in any context, 100% of the time

still true tbh, despite how much less true it is today than it was then

(that is to say, acoustic guitar person only loses less to laptop person because laptop people have betrayed me so often)

1 Like

5 Likes

fucking masterpiece

1 Like

jojo’s bizarre adventure xenoverse ost
4 Likes

No, listen to THIS white guy play guitar

I am a white guy playing guitar connoisseur

Observe, the greatest example of the form

1 Like

beg pardon

2 Likes