Your song of the moment (Part 1)

on this shit again

i love this talented charisma-free nerd

2 Likes

One of my favorite albums is now on Bandcamp.

And something I just discovered last night but have been listening to a lot since.

1 Like

there is always a song I want it to express that it’s the moment for but it never is when I am at a computer or in this thread so I’m holding off

It isn’t the moment right now, for example

It would be really awesome if everything in this thread was in a youtube playlist so I could listen to it infinitely. Maybe i or someone really cool could make an account and post the login and we could knock it out if anyone is also into this idea

dude i was just thinking how neat that’d be

I wonder what would be the best mechanism to set up something where each SB poster could upload two or three MP3s to create a sort of community mix tape. Or maybe just limit it to one per person, but then create a volume 2 as well if it proved a popular concept. It would be fun to have to choose what to put forward.

2 Likes

One of the absolute very best all time greats.

1 Like

edit: I’m gonna add the actual reason why this is stuck in my head:

3 Likes

Always been a huge Elliott Smith fan but somehow most the songs on his posthumous New Moon release never really clicked with me until recently. Lately, I can’t stop listening to this one.

hmm

1 Like
1 Like

i almost gave that song a blood potion based on the thumbnail alone. the timbre of the main riff is aces too tho! that sorta distorted finger-piano/steel-drum sound. also the rest of it. some of these lyrics are too real

i keep forgetting to listen to music i love when i’m sad, but i remembered tonight and listened to this:

and it was great. every element that gets added to the main loop just seves to make it all the more warm and comforting. the whole album is deeply mid-00s electronica but that includes things like the most lovely and reassuring basslines and nice lo-fi crashy drums so i don’t mind

i tried to find it on youtube and the first vaguely relevant result was uploaded by old mate directly above me, which isn’t surprising. we’re like the two extant Qua fans

4 Likes

okok writing that post reminded me of how i used to deal with my anxiety, which largely involved listening to this song and its album (cheers @Dracko):

which like, i don’t know. the main riff is killer at building tension (and the way it surfaces in attenuated and mangled forms elsewhere on the album is rad) and the way the bass drop halfway through is audibly rattling the entire song feels huge and overwhelming, like getting hit head on by a dumper at the beach. i’m into it

01:18am

1 Like

yay new kiasmos soon

Breaking out an older one since it came to mind today apropos of not a lot

1 Like

nice shorts

CDF’s tone is incredibly distant, enough that it doesn’t make me anxious. and that’s nice

she does a monthly on NTS radio that is worth listening to

1 Like
1 Like