Your song of the moment (Part 1)

:blush:

52 posts were split to a new topic: Typical Internet subject matter.

if thereā€™s a hell iā€™m sure weā€™ll all be held accountable

2 Likes

damn this is great

1 Like

wow this dude is all the way my shit

1 Like

obsessed

3 Likes

I enjoyed reading Leninā€™s thoughts on rap from beyond the grave.

this beat reminds me of a mozart sample i did once lol

wish i still had my bandcamp beats from like 2008

whole album dropped !
i remember some of these from ~2014 soundcloud uploads so glad they all exist here now

oh hey this beat does it for me

never heard this guy before, but i dig it

he kind of blew up a little bit when this video went viral

indonesian rapper who learned english from rap music basically

2 Likes

really want to drop a rich chigga song in every one of my sets from now until forever

iā€™m a big fan of robin jamesā€™ work deconstructing the aesthetic of mumblerap-y artists

here she sets up the new ā€œchillā€ trend against what lean represents: https://soundstudiesblog.com/2016/08/01/pops-chill-thrills-arent-so-cheap/

and here she talks about the lean aesthetic in the context of a ā€œslow deathā€ framework: https://www.its-her-factory.com/2016/07/slow-death-sound-lean-ontology/

1 Like

Iā€™m honestly quite taken with slow-ass-music-because-exhaustion-under-capitalism notion, spooking the shit outta me more than ever in the process but thatā€™s probably at the root of my distaste for it too
Iā€™d like people to not feel exhausted

Funny I was gonna post this and then I saw the number of unread posts and went uh oh.

Anyway, crazy to think this came out twenty years ago. It still sounds so vital.

yeah, thatā€™s why I think itā€™s really useful to juxtapose it against the new dominating ā€œchillā€ aesthetic, which is equally exhausting to me for different reasons

if anything the only thing thatā€™s changed is the fact that both styles are happening simultaneously as opposed to one being a response to the other

like, both are a response to the same world state and so you evaluate based on the politics of production, etc.

1 Like

Biceps
Triceps
Quadriceps
Fiveceps

(Iā€™m ignoring the conversation about rap here, but for the record I am strongly against the ā€œall rap is about getting drunk and abusing womenā€ as it is not only reductive, but also racist)

1 Like