Your song of the moment (Part 1)

1 Like

That Secret Chiefs 3 giallo album rules. Iā€™d also fallen off of their music lately. Iā€™m gonna have to check this new one out!

1 Like

There are whole weeks when I canā€™t get this out of my head

One of the greatest antiwar songs of all time

1 Like

So many people canā€™t express whatā€™s on their minds
Nobody knows them and nobody ever will
Until their backs are broken and their dreams are stolen
And they canā€™t get what they want then theyā€™re gonna get angry

Well it ainā€™t written in the papers, but itā€™s written on the walls
The way this country is divided to fall
So the cranes are moving on the skyline
Trying to knock down this town

But the stains on the heartland, can never be removed
From this country thatā€™s sick, sad, and confused

This song is helping me get up this morning. Love Corneliusā€™s production on it, and the cute, kitschy video.

4 Likes

how does this exist :0

this song is about me because i ate horse today

2 Likes

song about five-time formula one champion juan-manuel fangio reminiscing about the time he was kidnapped before the cuban grand prix, asked a lot of questions about how cool he was, and then immediately set free.

1 Like

bright candles in the manor where the curse takes hold
bodies reassembling down where the worms crawl, make your own friends when the worldā€™s gone cold
it gets dark and then, i feel certain i am going to rise again
If not by faith, then by the sword, iā€™m going to be restored

1 Like

from some rock compilation i found - ā€œthe long goodbye - dawn of understandingā€

1 Like

Got a little organ theme today.

This organ is like 3 stories tall. Also, cool sunrise lighting effect. However, I donā€™t like how they devolve into smashing noise after such a cool performance. So, you can stop it after the ā€œsunā€ rises.

Iā€™m a Larkin Poe fan. Some organ in this one. This is the closer on their recent album. All of the ā€œleadā€ guitar is actually a Richenbacker lap steel

Hereā€™s the same song, stripped down and live.

Thereā€™s a lot of tracks yā€™all have shared here I keep meaning to comb back through, so big listen hours soon.

I just caught this new Beck, sounds like a tack driven through a good few pages of his songbook by some signature Pharrell production (the snappy snare and high end ā€œplinkā€ synth).

4 months out from finally catching him in Tampa, after 20 years of few (nearby) chances. Iā€™ll be getting a special kind of stoked.

Gimme that Japanese bossa nova chillout music

3 Likes

another entry in the ā€˜why did ytube suggest thisā€™-list that ended up staying around and leaves me puzzled why it did pitch this to me in the first place: