1 Like

ABBA slaps but this version is amazing

wait I thought someone else did this too

it was Boney M all along but I swear I heard it from another artist

1 Like

it was Turisas LOL. Idk how my brain confused the two

3 Likes
1 Like

Been listening to a compilation of random pop songs Haruomi Hosono produced for other pop musicians, and this one stuck out. It’s got the best melancholy mid-2000’s vibe.

I guess it was recorded for some anime movie’s soundtrack?

3 Likes

Oh is that Vexhille where the back claims BALLS TO THE WALLS ACTION?

I gave my DVD to some SBer and they said they would make a joke post about it and they never did they never did.

Pretty sure it’s Deunan Knute from Appleseed Ex Machina.

I’ve got a Vexille DVD somewhere hiding at the back of my collection. I remember almost nothing about it except for looking like an offbrand Appleseed and those weird scrap metal sand worms called ‘Jagz’ or something

Yeah, the song was from Appleseed Ex Machina.

4 Likes

I always like Health’s sound but this is the song of theirs I really get into. I wish I could hear more tracks with a pause that intense. A thread for just meaningful pauses in music could be really cool

Warning: Spooky video from Eric Wareheim

1 Like

suddenly felt like listening to this album again, and man, i just love that song.
also, HEALTH rocks, thanks for linking them!

3 Likes
2 Likes

I hadn’t heard this guy, great song! Thanks same to you!

dot hack sigh

1 Like

this isn’t really a song of the moment. but remember that time in the early 90s when billy idol was freaking out about his failing career and image so he turned to the three coolest movies from the 1980s he could think of to rip off for the music video that would reveal Billy Idol 2.0 to the 1990s: Burst City, Tetsuo the Iron Man, and Videodrome?

also, the crashing television noise at the beginning is probably biting from the theme song from tetsuo the iron man, which repeats the sound of smashing glass and is a much better song than this billy idol song.

so this is my real song of the moment.

2 Likes