XBLIG + XBLA = too many games

Oh, Yuukyuu no Eden! Yeah, that game looks really great, and it’s interesting to consider versus other isometric SRPGs. Most are fairly open visually, like Tactics Ogre, but Eden more strongly resembles Neverland’s Energy Breaker with the dense, cramped design. Being FFT/BOFIV-style rotatable allows the maps to have a lot more visual obstructions and initially-hidden areas than was probably a good idea.

Psx data center page: http://psxdatacenter.com/games/J/Y/SLPS-01928.html

I played a little bit of the game and got stuck in one of the tutorial side rooms of the first area. You probably saw more than me if you watched Nico videos. My impression was that there is a much heavier focus on navigation and puzzle-esque design than pretty much any comparable contemporary release. I remember coming across a Japanese blog post that didn’t Google translate well, but it basically said the game looked really nice, but it was so weirdly/poorly conceived and designed that it was a borderline-kusoge waste of money, and the blogger beat the game without ever figuring out why they were fighting the final boss.

1 Like