Writing of the nondigital variety

got the kaweco brass sport i’ve lusted over for like a year :+1:

1 Like

oh no… i didn’t know this thread existed. i love good writing instruments. my goodness, that .3 green faber castell victor posted two years ago!!

what’s your favorite fountain pen inks? gonna buy a TWSBI ECO finally, been looking at it for years and why not. i was thinking of a blue-gray-black with good shading and good water resistance, hopefully something fancy like a sheen or shimmer. but seems like you can’t really have both fancyness and durability

in terms of normal pens i’m still rocking the signo dx blue-black as my #1 Uni-ball Signo Needle Gel Ink Pen Review — The Pen Addict

and pencils i’m really favoring this blackwing LE, it’s the same core as the normal 602 but i like the pentagon shape Blackwing Volume 10001 | A Tribute to Puzzles | Blackwing602.com

but i use wood case pencils much less than this ‘shaka shaker’ which lives on my music stand, looove squishy grip Uni Alpha Gel Shaka Shaker Mechanical Pencil - 0.5 mm - Soft Grip - Royal Blue | JetPens

1 Like

the stationeryverse is probably the only place on the internet that still runs on blogs. thank you (checks notes) “the gentleman stationer” and “the pen addict” and “the well-appointed desk”

3 Likes

aha found a shading waterproof ink Rohrer & Klingner sketchINK Carmen Fountain Pen Ink - 50 ml Bottle | JetPens

3 Likes

goddammit im gonna end up paying the Ink Libertarian arent i

Green is my favorite color and that pilot iroshizoku shin-ryoku is pretty. Just watching it slosh around my twsbi eco’s giant reservoir makes me happy.

Waterman’s harmonious green look almost the same for half the price, having used both.

1 Like

most I’ve ever spent at jetpens… two for Zoe and one for me

really hard to find fountain pen inks that hold up to long term writing so I had to pay the libertarian at the end of the day… but the swatches for these look nice and they’re called “eternal”

there’s a Rohrer orange pigmented ink that looks dope for future maybe

1 Like

fountain pen review - TWSBI Eco (Cerulean Blue LE), stub 1.1 nib, Noodler’s Baltimore Canyon Blue ink

I doubt these will be true to color but yeah

3 Likes

fountain pen review #2 - Pilot Prera, medium nib, black ink

also did some fountain pen paper testing with my stub nib. tier list so far:

strong bias against toothy papers that suck up ink bc they make my stub nib pen feel so dry and skippy, really unpleasant imo. worse when notebooks don’t lie flat.
maybe slight preference for thinner paper.
i really like a wet smooth writing exp especially with a nice color ink

2 Likes

Updated stationery reviews with the stub nib on more papers

Leuchtturm1917 80gsm (Leuchtturm1917 Softcover Pocket Notebook A6) - smooth writing experience but puts down a wider line than it should + points of bleedthru with the stub nib. quick dry as expected cuz absorbent. D

Rhodia “R” older batch (Rhodiarama from amazon) - surprisingly had some bleedthru with the stub nib. Not much ghosting but def spots of bleed. possibly the coating had worn off since this is about 3 years old? but actually i just went back to a 3 year old apica and tried really hard to make it bleed thru and it didn’t at all. so like. downgrading to C

Clairefontaine My Essential Notebook 90g - bit of feedback like writing with a really smooth pencil, really brings out the shading i think, absolutely no ghosting, probably A tier?

also if you’re looking for a fountain pen paper for slightly cheaper i can confirm that Black N’ Red brand notebooks (Optik paper 90gsm) are fountain pen friendly, no bleeding or ghosting i can see, just a little bit absorbent and flat shading

also Caliber mini composition books (CVS brand) at least a few years ago had surprisingly good paper for dirt cheap, it feels like it would be crap but surprisingly takes fountain pen ink with no bleed even on heavy application. there is showthru but nothing crazy, pressure with a ballpoint shows more than the fountain pen ink

1 Like