World War Moink (Valkyria Chronicles)

i didn’t know there was a valkyria chronicles musou game nobody liked until today but i feel sort of compelled to play it now because its on vita

1 Like

LMK if you can tolerate getting through one mission

Interesting raw milk and foraged mushroom subplot developing here with the character who refuses to talk to anyone on the squad:

Lot of war crimes happening too, which I’m glad to see seeing as how we’re a disavowed kill squad for Big Gallia:

Also this game is taking slightly too much time to indulge in cameos from VC1 and VC2:

I will say, doing a co-op mission with the squad from VC1 was pretty dope, I enjoyed that.

8 Likes

I’m onboard with the anti-milk plot

1 Like

This thread has got me wanting to try 2 for the first time after loving 1 and 4

4 Likes

Yeah I am actually loving it. This is the edgelord character who probably was a military experiment or something, escaped, lived in the woods for her whole life eating random mushrooms and animal milk presumably from the udder. She has no fucking idea what lactose intolerance is and it’s pretty charming she just has this set of cromag rules she’s used to navigate life to this point so far.

I think I’m about halfway through the game at this point. Very impressed. This is a full-ass game with a solid story, some good characters, fun battles, and great presentation. Awesome to see this much content in such a small package.

@captainlove I played VC2 during a long recovery after a major surgery. I was full of painkillers all throughout that game, and even with that going for it, I still found the main character mind-shatteringly irritating and the core story real high-school-anime tropey. I’m not sure if I can give a rec on that one, but I know what it’s like to be fucking desperate for some Valkyria Chronicles and it would scratch that itch.

One thing I’ve seen in VC3 that I also saw in VC2 was that the PSP can only handle like 5 maps, so you’ll essentially just switch between the same set of locations for the whole game.

VC3 feels like it has maybe 8 or so, VC2 I remember feel like 4 or 5.

2 Likes

From Isara’s wiki:

Isara is the character that originated the Darcsen race, from a game design point of view. The entire race spun off from her trademark shawl, which was present when Valkyria was on the drawing board as Gallian Panzers. This early design was her second, the first had Isara as a long-haired sniper with some kind of leg brace, and at that point she was from a race of cat-people called the B[e]ast People or Bastian.

Some other cool and strange bits from the VC art book:

7 Likes

(I picked my stone-cold lactose intolerant diarrhea queen of course)

Better-than-average villain in this one: A darcsen using the world war as a means to establish an ethnostate for his people

8 Likes

The story continues…

What does it mean…

I’ve got my new mission:

FUCK YEAH THIS SOME TRUE SUICIDE SQUAD SHIT

9 Likes

Been watching the Valkyria Chronicles anime, surprisingly very well done. It’s still well within the confines of the game’s story, so it doesn’t do anything spectacular, but it earns its character moments a lot more.

Nice op and ed sequences too:

3 Likes