What're you readin'

I’m a third of the way through Mistborn which I borrowed from the library a week back and… they had to borrow it from another library from elsewhere in the town as it had been unavailable for the two weeks beforehand. The issue is that I can’t recall exactly what spurred me to as I had never heard of the book or author beforehand (the librarian said a lot of people were reading that author recently so I assume he is popular?) as high fantasy isn’t exactly my scene but I happened to look at the goodreads score and went “that’s about as high as I’ve seen” and got curious. Even searching all the message boards I frequent there was only a sole mention back in January, but the following post in said topic was about Poppy War books and I know I looked into those before this one (I have a word document named “books the read maybe” and that confirms the order I stumbled upon them) so I’m now left feeling vaguely curious as to how I got here.

Anyways the book seems good enough so far, whoever mentioned it would have been better off selling it as a heist book rather than a fantasy/magic one as that would have had me more excited heading in.