what are your text quirks

because i type at basically the same speed that i can think (slowly) my casual/draft writing tends to include heaps of uhhhhs and loads of commas that just kinda get scattered around in little triplets and doublets while i’m trying to work out what the next word is supposed to be. idk where the commas thing came from, i just found myself doing it and prefer how it feels compared to ellipses. stupid forum interpreter won’t let me show it here tho, bastard.

i like to have an even balance of “u” and “you” in my sentences. something about it feels important idk.

i like writing “lole” instead of “lol” sometimes, to communicate a particular pronunciation distinct from the usual.

oh and i write “guna” instead of “gonna” cos an ex of mine used to write it like that. i think it looks kinda stupid tbh. it looks like it’s pronounced “goona” but i can’t bring myself to write “gunna” fsr. i enjoy “jus” and “an” (instead of “and”) and shit like that too.

also until i read this thread i had no idea there was such a thing as an em-dash or an en-dash i just thought it was like yeah when u put two hyphens together it becomes one long dash for parentheticals and asides.

3 Likes