What are some good GBA soundtracks?

This seems like a pretty solid example of a breakbeat subgenre called Big Beat. Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Fatboy Slim, Crystal Method, etc. Might cross over a bit with “Chemical Breaks”, which is Acid Breaks but without all the, uh, acid. (and minus a 303 or two)

2 Likes

The Phoenix Wright soundtracks are great – composer is Noriyuki Iwadare, best known for Grandia soundtrack.

2 Likes

hmm, i thought there were different composers for each game?

in any case, this is probably close to my favourite:

you can be talking to even one of the dullest characters, and it will suddenly seem urgent and profound once this kicks in

2 Likes
2 Likes

The Bit Generations series (the original run of skip ltd’s Art Style games on DS/Wii) doesn’t really have many postable “songs” but they are all sound-driven to different extents and should be mentioned in any GBA sound thread. I love the single oscillating note in the background that plays in Coloris after clearing a stage so much that sometimes I boot up the game just to hear it drone for a while.

6 Likes

ost link got removed

there was also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NaTE1wFdgA

1 Like

Some piece of shit (possibly here, since it hadn’t been posted elsewhere in around a decade) must’ve reported it. Fuck them. Here it is, again.

Report it again, fuckers, I’ll just keep re-uploading it in-perpetuity.

2 Likes

thank you villain

keep fighting the good fight

I love how crunchy this mix sounds

4 Likes

just now appreciating this Urban Yeti travesty

Credit to whoever posted this in Video Game Music. It’s great!

4 Likes

Love the third-rate-JRPG-field-theme-energy exuding from this track:

6 Likes

skip to 9:46

3 Likes

Gonzo table absolutely tearing up the house

2 Likes

i would not have picked gonzo as the d’n’b guy honestly

2 Likes

His first love was Ska, then Reggae, then DnB

1 Like

More of like an American traditional/folk guy tbh