we're in a guitar center hanging out now (formerly the electronic music tech appreciation thread)

they’re like padding material for sound

Slow attack, slow release, they’re soft all the way through, and are often used to ‘fill space’

1 Like

they’re soft and plushy

2 Likes

Sorry gunna have to lock and destroy this thread. Dangerous. I almost bought a drum machine. I have a wishlist now.

2 Likes

i have two pocket operators because of this thread. a very dangerous thread indeed

I have a new go-to limiter that I of course stole via Russian crack covens (it’s Fab Filter’s Pro-L2, and I mean the L1 was pretty good anyway)

look I’m sorry

but also tell me about the gear you got too ok

(what drum machine was it)

Just boring ol’ Roland TR-808 remakes.

Gunna be a bit smarter and try play with friends’ gear before I spend money tho.

Also tempted by the Roland TB-03 and maybe a little Moog and and and and

Having lots of fun researching and learning stuff. But there’re lots of vet bills coming.

hey I don’t think they’re boring! I kind of like the boutique series >_>

I’m pretty excited by this:

I think if I can get this on our old ipad and get a cheap behringer usb mixer, I can essentially get rid of the computer (which is only running ableton with a reverb)

it looks cool and elastic drums is good apparently!

1 Like

There’s new version of the Kastle out that adds some new synthesis modes and tweaks the oscillators.

I like this a lot

if I do somehow end up getting it, I will probably use it for pads

so I will be on d-05 for pads, electribe 2 for plucky rhythmic parts and maybe leads, and microbrute for bass with digitakt sequencing everything

1 Like

I’m hoping someone’s ripped all the patches so I can just rotate them into my historic unit via Patch Base and an iPad

i’m 100% sure that that’s going to happen if legowelt is being advertised as a person who has made some patches for it

people love legowelt

1 Like

this just makes me want an sq-80 again. someone make an sq-80 box i will submit to your will

appreciating music technology:

as if this isn’t still the best pair of youtubings for nearly a decade

3 Likes

I got a sub for Christmas. Remember that A minor and C major are relative keys!

Anyway I really dig it. My son especially likes that there’s a little submarine guy because he is coincidentally into them recently. Still getting the hang of it but rapidly improving. The arpeggiator and that kind of stuff is too weird for me imo it sorta TAKES OVER once you turn any of it on.

1 Like

Got Librarian to talk to the D-50 properly at longest last, now in the severe patchbrowse rapture I richly deserve

it’s cool to see this being released with a pretty robust sequencer! I LIKE SEQUENCERS

That patchbay looks like fun.

looks like they’re doubling down on the modular craze with that patchbay too :slight_smile:

I am a bit of a modular skeptic tho

1 Like

I wish modular stuff wasn’t so damn expensive. Been eyeing the 0-Coast on the semi modular end, but even that is too much for me.